Garlic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was thinking about adding a new fish in the next few weeks (I'm going to remove my domino damsel because he chases the yellow tail and clown). I feed the fish frozen mysis shrimp, frozen plankton, and veggie flakes. How do I soak this stuff in garlic, because I don't have a QT. I haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood), but I am looking at maybe some breed of dwarf angel, a butterfly, or a regal tang. These fish, I understand are all challenging (and costly), and I don't want to put them or my current inhabitants at risk.

PS--> I am going to get 2 cleaner shrimp before any more fish, if that would help.

Any assistance would be appreciated!!! TIA

I've never heard of using garlic instead of a QT. The only use I know of garlic is a flavor enhancer for fish that aren't eating well.

Kim

Thaw the frozen food and rinse it with RO/DI water first. Next, in a small glass like a shot glass, put in the thawed food and a few drops of a garlic solution of your choice. This is also a good time to add suppliments like Selcon and Vita-Chem. If you want you can soak the flake and plankton in this solution as well. I then mix it with a little tank water before adding to the tank.

I don't have a qt or the money to establish one (according to the wife, it is not neccessary also), but I have read that garlic helps boost the immune system and may help their resistance to ich.

Back
Top Bottom