Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #1391
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlynnanne9189

Awe bummer! So best bet would be to buy the clown with an anemone if its already hosting it in the tank? Will definitely look for that then cuz that's a look I really want! Thanks!!
Remember, anenomes can easily die in a new tank, and you need fantastic lighting thats why we are stearing clear of them

Old 02-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #1392
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66

Remember, anenomes can easily die in a new tank, and you need fantastic lighting thats why we are stearing clear of them
Awe darn! Oh well I guess I can still have my clown! Maybe once I get more into the hobby and have a better established tank I'll look into it more. For now that will be on the eventually list, or possibly the pass list. Lol.

Listen to me already making lists and I haven't found a darn tank yet!! Lol I'm still looking though!

Old 02-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #1393
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hahahaha ya we made our list before we even thought about ever owning a sw tank! Lol, we had the whole thing planned out early! Haha look up hammer coral, and purple tipped forgspawn. Its better then an anenome
Old 02-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #1394
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hey!! Ok, so we have turned both powerheads off, and the xenia is loving it!! Do we have too much flow usually you think? The xenia has grown 2x as big in just several weeks!!!

Also, how do clowns swim?? Ours like shakes his whole body? Kinda freaking me out..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-988600387.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	74340   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2379555112.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	74341  

Old 02-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #1395
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi finally found the photo's This thread takes some keeping up with for an oldster like The clown looks awesome how is he settling in? Also seen the shrimp about yet? Off topic we are expecting our first snows of winter this saturday
Old 02-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #1396
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrays4
Hi finally found the photo's This thread takes some keeping up with for an oldster like The clown looks awesome how is he settling in? Also seen the shrimp about yet? Off topic we are expecting our first snows of winter this saturday
Lol!! Clown is doing well!! Swims funny as posted above, but maybe thats normal? Shrimp is so cool. Very active and eats like a champ!

First snow! Hope there are no power outages!!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #1397
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Power outages i hope not we are usually OK? He says touching a large piece of wood Clowns do swim in a funny kind of way um how to describe it from memory,they swim in up and down on the spot type swim = nose up then tail up,then head down, tail down - does that make sense your coral may not like being in the flow if it seems happier with the pumps off? Maybe try placing it away from the flow abit more?
Old 02-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #1398
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had a power outage and everything went well. I didn't have to mix the whole thing with a spoon or anything haha.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #1399
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrays4
Power outages i hope not we are usually OK? He says touching a large piece of wood Clowns do swim in a funny kind of way um how to describe it from memory,they swim in up and down on the spot type swim = nose up then tail up,then head down, tail down - does that make sense your coral may not like being in the flow if it seems happier with the pumps off? Maybe try placing it away from the flow abit more?
Hopefully not!!

Yea, thats what he does! And when he hovers he is often leaning to one side? Weird little dude.

Theing it, the xenia is on a rock, not a plug! I would move it if it was easier! We have angled the PHeads differently so hopefully that helps
Old 02-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #1400
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
I had a power outage and everything went well. I didn't have to mix the whole thing with a spoon or anything haha.
Lol stirring your tank haha

Tags
build, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com