GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a Clownfish in my tank for a few years with no problems. Then I added another and whenever I put my hand in the tank she attacks me. She doesn't harm any fish though. :)

redsea said:
I had a Clownfish in my tank for a few years with no problems. Then I added another and whenever I put my hand in the tank she attacks me. She doesn't harm any fish though. :)

Really? Lol ever make you bleed? Haha

Oh i really want 2, but many people have wierd stories with agression and stuff so i am unsure..

Hi i had a breeding pair of Maroon clowns and when they had eggs they would attack anyone that went near the eggs {accept fish that is!} and they did draw BLOOD:eek: They would swim towards your hand then bang into you and bite all at the same time:eek: Yes a pair can be problematic until they sort out which is which,the bigger of the two will be the female. But till its sorted there can be problems.The advice is to buy two from the same tank,but try and pick two slightly different sized clowns so the bigger will naturally become the female?

stingrays4 said:
Hi i had a breeding pair of Maroon clowns and when they had eggs they would attack anyone that went near the eggs {accept fish that is!} and they did draw BLOOD:eek: They would swim towards your hand then bang into you and bite all at the same time:eek: Yes a pair can be problematic until they sort out which is which,the bigger of the two will be the female. But till its sorted there can be problems.The advice is to buy two from the same tank,but try and pick two slightly different sized clowns so the bigger will naturally become the female?

Yep, that is what my female does to attack me, except for no blood is drawn. They are ocellaris. Chances are super, super low that they will ever lay eggs because one is black and white and the other is orange.

Okay thanks i would LOVE to get 2 clown fish. I dont care if they are differant colors or anything! Haha so get one bigger one, one smaller one, and preferably differant types to ensure no agression? An if they did lay eggs. Couldnt i just take them out so the fish have no reason to be agressive? Also they dont attack other fish right? Thanks, i appreciate it

If you want two clowns the best bet would be to get regular oscellaris ones, in b&w or orange. From what I've read and seen they are the least aggressive of the bunch. I have 2 sets of clowns and they both mated up without too much trouble. My b&w percula's did have alot of fighting for about a month, nothing serious though and now they are cool with each other. But again, one was larger than the other so that helped I'm sure.
During their spats they didn't bother any other fish. In fact, I haven't had any clowns that bothered any other fish yet. lol

Awesome! I would like 2 clowns regardless ! Haha so i will check em out tonight :) so black and white one thats a little larger and a orange one that is a little smaller! Im excited thanks!

Somebody said eirlier that pepperments r shy. Mine were very active. Actually my favorite shrimp I've had, because they would swim out in open water during feeding and come all the way up to the top to and rest upside down on my finger tip (SO AWSOME!!!) They were probably just hungery cause I put them in to rid my tank of glass anenemones, so they feasted pretty good the first week or two. They did a great job btw. So IMO I would get at least two.

Ya i really like all types of shrimp! They just look so cool, and really compliment a reef tank! I am looking at clowns tonight, are the b&w ones expensive?

I think I got mine for $30 on sale. Except for mine was a misbar but priced at the same amount as regular.

Cool guys! This is sounding good. Mayne we will cut out the dartfish from the list, and add a b&w later on? I doubt we could find one anyways lol

If you are getting 2 clowns you need to get them at the same time.

Ya i knew that, dont want one to establish territory and become agressive to the new one! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom