GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tanks seems great so far! GL!!!!! When you see a fish you love, get ready to spend alot of money! lol. The prettier they get usually the more expensive they get lol. My grouper was $110 and hes my fav. I aslo love my batfish! GL!!!!! Take a pic after everythings done!

crister13 said:
Tanks seems great so far! GL!!!!! When you see a fish you love, get ready to spend alot of money! lol. The prettier they get usually the more expensive they get lol. My grouper was $110 and hes my fav. I aslo love my batfish! GL!!!!! Take a pic after everythings done!

Haha thanks! Ya we tried to pick relativly cheap fish....but i doubt thats going to happen!! Haha will buy the aquaclear 70 filter and the two powerheads today! (idk how to spell the name of the powerheads ;) ) anyways that will be pretty much all of our money, but then we will hae all of the equipment!

Okay thanks! I will look for the link on amazon! Do you think these would be good for my 30, or would i need a better
Filter?

I would stick to the evolution ones if it were me. Plus you can get more gph from one, like the 750. :)

I only ran an AC50 on my 29g and it was fine for me, so an ac 70 will for sure be enough.

Two is generally a good idea in order to create a chaotic flow. It can be achieved with one large PH or two smaller ones. I have two 750's in my 54 gallon, and Carey used two in her 29.

Realistically, this would be more than enough. In a 30 gallon, you could easily be good with two of the koralia evo 550's.

30 gal x 30 turnover = 900gph. You would have that with the 550's.

Yes its a 30. We will get 2. For the filter, though, what do i use in it?? Carbon?

I have the foam pad that comes with the aquaclear filters, a bag iof chemi pure elite which is carbon and gfo pretty much, and phosguard in a media bag for the phosphates. GFO is granular feric oxide and helps rid the tank of phosphates. :) The chemipure elite is a substitution for carbon. I used to have the biomedia rings but now that the tank is established I tossed them and am relying on my live rock for bacteria.

Is that any better? LOL I tried.....

Ah yes, better. So basically all of this stuff goes into the filter pad? Like justbpour it in? Were could i buy this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom