GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All that stuff goes into the filter compartment of an aquaclear filter. The chemipure elite comes in a mesh bag and the foam block is just that, a foam rectangle that sits on the bottom.

Hm, okay! Would an lfs sell this? Does te chrmipure come in bulk, and is it expensie? Or just individual packets? I have also heard of putting rock in a filter, whats that all about?

Rock will serve the same purpose as having it in your tank, it can house the beneficial bacteria. :)

Chemipure elite is about $9 a bag and it's good for up to 6 months.

Okay. Is it not possible to use just filter media in the filter for saltwater? I have quilt badding, could that be used? That and te chemipure?

Yep, you can use filter floss as well as the foam block and the chemipure. The AC70 has a good amount of space for filter media. :)

Update

Just purchased an aquaclear 70 filter and 2 korolia 750 powerheads from amazon for about 100 bucks :)

Hahah seriously! Its funny because i want live rock for christmas and my mom keeps saying he cant believe i want a rock for christmas! Lol

YEA!!! Ordered the AC 70 and the two korolia 750 powerheads with 5-8 day shipping two days ago, and it just came!!!

Bad news, the korolias came in some pretty torn up boxes, and one of them wasnt even put together. We put it together bec nothing was broken, but im not sure if it was fone correcty. The propeller isnt centered perfectly, any ideas? Also, how do you turn them on to see if they work?! Lol thanks!!!

The boxes are no big deal - I had the same thing - One was put together and one was not. The only way to test it is to plug it in. If it goes it goes.

If you need water try a sink or bathtub - won't hurt anything.

Also the propeller is just in by a magnent, so they pull out very easily with little effort - try pulling it out and it pops itself back in very smoothly.

TLTGF said:
The boxes are no big deal - I had the same thing - One was put together and one was not. The only way to test it is to plug it in. If it goes it goes.

If you need water try a sink or bathtub - won't hurt anything.

Also the propeller is just in by a magnent, so they pull out very easily with little effort - try pulling it out and it pops itself back in very smoothly.

Hmm is it really a maget? Ok, i will try. Also, how do you attatch the back? The part thats against the glass and connects to another magnet? I tried putting it in, bit no success

Ok, iv got all of the stuff all fixed up and on the tank how i want it. Any suggestions on how to tilt the powerheads? Right not they are near the top pointed twoards the front glass.....pics!!!

Maybe put them down an inch or two and direct them just a tad upwards and facing each other and, say, the front glass.

Oh so facing eachother directly and a bit lower, or facing eachoter slightly, and slightly the front glass? Im excited!!!

Gboy66 said:
Oh so facing eachother directly and a bit lower, or facing eachoter slightly, and slightly the front glass? Im excited!!!

You checked to make sure they work right? And you fixed the one?

Okay but when you plugged em in did they work? Even if its not in water it should make noises or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom