GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nu-Nu the eel said:
Okay but when you plugged em in did they work? Even if its not in water it should make noises or something

Both worked...or made sounds at least. Didnt try the AC70 tho, that needs water

Oh, the AC 70 gave us foam, carbon, and like bio max? In the box. Should i use it all? I know ill need chemipure, but what else? Thanks

Glad to see everything come together - point the PH's at an angle so their currents would meet at the middle of the front glass. Also tilt them up to promote surface agitation... You will adjust many times until its right, so until there is water, don't fret.

Also, just preference, but the wire protectors are only really needed if you have triggers or puffers with "beaks" that could damage the cord... No harm to leave them though.

TLTGF said:
Also, just preference, but the wire protectors are only really needed if you have triggers or puffers with "beaks" that could damage the cord... No harm to leave them though.

Haha i put them on! I read the puffer part...but they look cool and were fun to put on...hahaha! Thanks though!! :D

stingrays4 said:
Hi may i ask where are the photo's:cool:

Oh just scroll up a bit, and iv got some of all the new goodies:) and i think a couple pages back, are some of the tank. If you want me to post more of just the empty tank i will!

stingrays4 said:
Hi that would be good(y) thanks:) Any idea's of when you are hoping to get the tank up and running?

Well, im hoping to try and get the live rock on christmas, then immediatly start the cycle. Hopefully if all goes well, we will add my first fish/ inverts the middle of january!

Thankyou! Nothing too new will be happening for awhile im afraid, untill i can get my live rock!

Okay i have been thinking, could i add a blue tuxedo urchin to the tank? I hear they are reef safe and dont need a ton of light... Is it possible??

Hi good luck for when you do get started(y) afraid i have know idea about the urchin:oops: The only urchin i had done well and yes do not require light? But tricky to feed i believe?

I'm not sure but I think most, if not all, urchins will strip your tank of coralline algae. So if you want them purple rocks and back glass u might wanna reconsider.

Ok, we have two extra 10 gallon tanks, and was thinking we need to make it a QT tank for the saltwater tank, because ich is harder to treat and more common in sw correct? But, i dont know how to do this! The qt cant be permanent, but only up for when we have the fish, and only up for that week or two. Dont you need 2 filters to instantly cycle the 10 QT? we have 2, could someone tell me how to do this? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom