GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sniperhank said:
The filter on my DT currently is the filter from my QT because the filter on my DT's pump burnt out. I forgot all about that...

Oh your dt doesnt have a filter? So this is what you do...?

Add water half and half to QT
add DT filter to the QT
Put in fish right away
Put fish and filter back on/in DT after 2-3 weeks?

Gboy66 said:
Oh your dt doesnt have a filter? So this is what you do...?

Add water half and half to QT
add DT filter to the QT
Put in fish right away
Put fish and filter back on/in DT after 2-3 weeks?

You can do that but you won't be able to use that filter again if you dose with medication

Ibrahim said:
You can do that but you won't be able to use that filter again if you dose with medication

Oh really?? I was thinking QT as for new arrivals..but i might have to dose with it yes..

Ok, so for stock i really want a b&w clown now and a midas blenny soo could we do

Sw Stock List

1 Ocerellis clownfish
1 B&W Clownfish
1 Midas blenny
1 Orange striped prawn goby
1 gramma
1 bangaii cardinal

2 cleaner shrimp
1 peppermint shrimp
1 tiger pistol shrimp
1 fire shrimp (eventually)
1 emerald crab
10-15 hermit crabs
10-15 snails

We definatly wont add a 6th fish if we feel the tank would be overstocked

fishy5559 said:
Stock list looks good (y)

Cool!! Im so excited for this tank...

Not sure if wer goig to QT or not though, im pretty confused about it all, and cant set up another tank..

Cool!! Im so excited for this tank...

Not sure if wer goig to QT or not though, im pretty confused about it all, and cant set up another tank..

To be honest, I don't QT as I can't really set up another tank either

Do you think that is too many shrimp?

Do you like the idea of an orange striped prawn goby?

No, don't think it is too many, my tank is the same size and I will be getting the same amount of shrimp, apart from the pistol.

He does look like a really cool goby

What snails you going for?

fishy5559 said:
To be honest, I don't QT as I can't really set up another tank either

Good to know we arent the only ones! What about corals? Dont you have to dip them before introducing?

fishy5559 said:
No, don't think it is too many, my tank is the same size and I will be getting the same amount of shrimp, apart from the pistol.

He does look like a really cool goby

What snails you going for?

Okay cool! The pistol shrimp is non agressive so it should be ok :)
Ya i like the goby alot too. We were going to get a yellow watchman, but i really wanted the prawn goby.

For snails i think we are going to et nasserus? I dont no how to spell it. Haha

Good to know we arent the only ones! What about corals? Dont you have to dip them before introducing?

I don't actually do that either :ermm: But I will dip zoas if they aren't from somewhere reliable as they can have a few nasties.
All I am keeping is softies, I think they have some of the best colours.

fishy5559 said:
I don't actually do that either :ermm: But I will dip zoas if they aren't from somewhere reliable as they can have a few nasties.
All I am keeping is softies, I think they have some of the best colours.

True!! What do you use to dip?

Okay cool! The pistol shrimp is non agressive so it should be ok :)
Ya i like the goby alot too. We were going to get a yellow watchman, but i really wanted the prawn goby.

For snails i think we are going to et nasserus? I dont no how to spell it. Haha

The pistol will be fine (y)
The yellow watchman allways looks unhappy, but in a lush way :ROFLMAO:

Nassarius snails, they are for turning the sand. I actually ordered some myself and should be here tomorrow (I ordered super nassarius because they are bigger than regular) aswell as turbo snails-turbo snails are great for cleaning your rocks and glass

Also I would recommend a tuxedo urchin as they are great alage cleaners and also very cool

Haha thanks for the advice! You know i have wanted a tuxedo urchin for a long time! I made a thread about it and someone said that it would take coraline algea off of my rocks and glass which would be bad because tou want coraline algea....

ANY coral can bring in nasties. We once got flatworms in a trade. Lesson learned, dip corals. I hear Coral RX being recommended a lot but have never used it.

Haha thanks for the advice! You know i have wanted a tuxedo urchin for a long time! I made a thread about it and someone said that it would take coraline algea off of my rocks and glass which would be bad because tou want coraline algea....

If you only have one he will be fine, coraline isn't needed, just makes the rocks look nicer.

severum mama said:
ANY coral can bring in nasties. We once got flatworms in a trade. Lesson learned, dip corals. I hear Coral RX being recommended a lot but have never used it.

Coral RX. Got it! Sm, we arent going to QT because we can set up another tank, is there anything else we could do though? How do we know that a fish is very healthy and worth buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom