Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #251
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66

Cool! And blenny suggestions? are yellow watchmans the more agressive of gobys?
I have heard of them moving fish away from their territory if they get too close (again, thanks to Carey's thread, lol).

Old 11-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #252
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have 3 gobies and 2 blennies in my 20g. I had 3 blennies but my two spot blenny disappeared a couple weeks ago. :-(

In my opinion, yes, the YWG is the most aggressive of the bunch BUT BUT BUT they seem without any real threat. Mine constantly lunges at passing fish but never does anything more than that. he does it to the mandarin too and she just keeps going or doing what she was doing. Not one fish pays the YWG any mind. LOL

Old 11-21-2011, 07:46 PM   #253
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I have 3 gobies and 2 blennies in my 20g. I had 3 blennies but my two spot blenny disappeared a couple weeks ago. :-(

In my opinion, yes, the YWG is the most aggressive of the bunch BUT BUT BUT they seem without any real threat. Mine constantly lunges at passing fish but never does anything more than that. he does it to the mandarin too and she just keeps going or doing what she was doing. Not one fish pays the YWG any mind. LOL
3 gobys and 3 blennys! Oh! So could i definatly do 1 blenny and a YWG? i LOVE the "floor fish"!!! They are the most interesting! So funny abt the goby! I guess ill just have to make sure i make alot of caves! My tank has quite a bit of floor space too, it isnt a cube (you all already know that though)
Old 11-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #254
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66

3 gobys and 3 blennys! Oh! So could i definatly do 1 blenny and a YWG? i LOVE the "floor fish"!!! They are the most interesting! So funny abt the goby! I guess ill just have to make sure i make alot of caves! My tank has quite a bit of floor space too, it isnt a cube (you all already know that though)
I agree, bottom dwellers are very cool. They are fun to watch!
Old 11-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #255
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have my ywg in with a citron goby, 2 clown, scooter and mandy of course. Not sure if this happens alot, but my YWG turned white and hasnt changed color back....The LFS said it might be a female and they can do that.

Just a warning, cause mine was brilliant yellow and now is a grumpy gray white color. Still love him and all but just not colorful or very nice to look at. Amusing sometimes, like when he tries to be the big bad fish and does the open mouth lunge thing. lol
Old 11-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #256
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I have my ywg in with a citron goby, 2 clown, scooter and mandy of course. Not sure if this happens alot, but my YWG turned white and hasnt changed color back....The LFS said it might be a female and they can do that.

Just a warning, cause mine was brilliant yellow and now is a grumpy gray white color. Still love him and all but just not colorful or very nice to look at. Amusing sometimes, like when he tries to be the big bad fish and does the open mouth lunge thing. lol
Hahaha that sounds so funny! Ppen mouthed lunge! You should post a video of that sometime! Clown gobys might work? If it changes colors, thatd be a bummer, but oh well! Id still lile him
Old 11-21-2011, 08:37 PM   #257
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Clown goby good addition instead of a striped cardinal?

Or a starry blenny? Tail spot blenny? SO many options lol! I want to hear everyones' favorite blenny/gobys combos!!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #258
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd get a pink spot goby or YWG with a Midas blenny

life is short... get a fish.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #259
Aquarium Advice Addict

Clown gobys are VERY small.

life is short... get a fish.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #260
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimsWithFish
I'd get a pink spot goby or YWG with a Midas blenny
I like that idea too!

Closed Thread

Tags
build, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com