GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it is probally different, as everybody in the UK uses LR, as using LR you cycle pretty quickly also.

Agreead, love your rockwork btw fishy. We are probably going to do more baserock if we cant find a good deal on live though..

Agreead, love your rockwork btw fishy. We are probably going to do more baserock if we cant find a good deal on live though..

Cheers (y)
Even if you are doing baserock, I would still get a couple of kilo's of LR to seed the baserock

fishy5559 said:
Depends on what your keeping :whistle:

Have you seen the stock list above?

So we found an awesome reef store right next to our house yesterday. Its incredible we have lived here for so long and neer seen the hidden little store. They QT all fish so that helps alot! Their prices are good and tey have tons of 10$ frags!!!

Yes it was a cool store. They had almost every fish we wanted including b&w clowns for 15? Dealio? And they also had the exact same pistol shrimp i wanted, it was the coolest little shrimp ever! Haha tons of frags and shrimp of all kinds.

Just thought i would add on.......

needmorecowbell said:
Wow guys this is coming together great! Congratulations, cant wait to see the tank!

Thanks! :) we are so close!! Hopefully well get ths cycle started before this break is over!

needmorecowbell said:
Yep! It goes by faster than you would think, mine was a breeze.

I hope i have the patience...oh well. In the mean time were doing tons of chores to earn money:) haha getting prepared!

needmorecowbell said:
Good idea, I wish I could've made some more money before it but it all ended up okay.

Yeah, were saving up for live rock. Hey, so do you think we should find a good 2$/lb deal and buy all live? Or if we cant, go all base rock, glue it all together outside the tank, and get a little bit of live to seed it?

Gboy66 said:
Yeah, were saving up for live rock. Hey, so do you think we should find a good 2$/lb deal and buy all live? Or if we cant, go all base rock, glue it all together outside the tank, and get a little bit of live to seed it?

To be honest, I'd still go base rock even if I found live rock for 1.50 lb

If the live rock is good, and really that cheap, I would buy it all. IMO there's too many good things that overcome the hitchhikers. In pa, 2$ is unheard of lol. Just check the rock to see of there's any hitch ad stuff on it before you take it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom