GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
needmorecowbell said:
If the live rock is good, and really that cheap, I would buy it all. IMO there's too many good things that overcome the hitchhikers. In pa, 2$ is unheard of lol. Just check the rock to see of there's any hitch ad stuff on it before you take it home.

Ya, ill definatly inspect it first. Do you recommend stackig or glueing?

Thats true......... We will see how good that live rock is, and if its uner good i think we will get it. It its just oky we will get a little and get more base rock

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Thats true......... We will see how good that live rock is, and if its uner good i think we will get it. It its just oky we will get a little and get more base rock

The only way I'd prefer live rock is if it's Coraline infested

Gboy66 said:
Ya, ill definatly inspect it first. Do you recommend stackig or glueing?

A little of both. That way you can get pieces out of the tank if needed but it won't fall. Maybe glue the wobbly pieces and stack base pieces.

Say you glue it together, how long does it take to dry? Because if its live rock it needs to go back in water..

Also is it easy to break the glue bonds? Because im sure that we will glue something, then hate it the next month and want to change it!

Nice! Haha i wanna get something super cool like a starfish or shrimp! Haha i know it wont happen

Ya im thinking about buying it from a guy who had a 200 gallon tank and it has been running for a few years. There are coral frags on many pieces of rock so i want to buy it there

Yea!!! Ok guys, we recieved a refractometer!! And an rodi!!! (how do you work this?)

And to top it off, my brother hot me a mag float to clean the glass, and the grandma made an AWESOME donation to the Fish Fund. Woohooo!!!!

needmorecowbell said:
That's exactly what I got! Read the instructions for the rodi, I almost messed up. The input Is kinda hard to get on.

Really? I read the directions, bit it isnt easy to understand. Its so cool!

For the refractometer, where do you put the water to test?

You lift the plastic flap and drip 3-4 drops on the lens / not the eye piece! Close the flapper, and point towards the light looking through the eye piece. You'll see the line at the sg. Also make sure you use RO to calibrate. Add RO without salt and turn screw until you are at zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom