Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #301
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsbro1997
Indeed, Amazon is a great place.

Also, if you can't find what you're looking for, try eBay. Better yet, fishneedit.com. <----Always have good stuff for low prices.
Ya, couldnt find it on amazon. Ill check both those sites now. And powerheads you all recommend for my 30? Carey, i might jist get one in yoir bulk buy, but not sure yet

Old 11-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #302
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Anyone wanna throw up a link? I am having real trouble finding this thing!!

Old 11-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #303
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I had 2 750 koralias in my 29g. I would get at least 2 550's for the best circulation.

And sure, you can jump into the group buy anytime. Just let me know. I know BRS had good deals on koralias last time but were out of stock on alot of them.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:56 AM   #304
Aquarium Advice Addict

+1 with koralias. Only because carey told me they were best via PM
Old 11-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #305
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I had 2 750 koralias in my 29g. I would get at least 2 550's for the best circulation.

And sure, you can jump into the group buy anytime. Just let me know. I know BRS had good deals on koralias last time but were out of stock on alot of them.
Ok, so i need two? Like, to place One up high, and one down low?
Old 11-23-2011, 10:58 AM   #306
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsbro1997
+1 with koralias. Only because carey told me they were best via PM
Lol i like the look of them, they look like little submarine propeller fans hahah
Old 11-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #307
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I like them for several reasons. Good flow, fish cant get sucked up by them and the mounting, magnets rock! lol

I keep my powerheads at about the same level and pointing towards the glass and each other. What you want to achieve is total chaotic flow. You don't want any dead spots on the sandbed that debris can accumulate in.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:06 AM   #308
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I like them for several reasons. Good flow, fish cant get sucked up by them and the mounting, magnets rock! lol

I keep my powerheads at about the same level and pointing towards the glass and each other. What you want to achieve is total chaotic flow. You don't want any dead spots on the sandbed that debris can accumulate in.
Woah they sound nice!! Ok, well then i guess ill need two. I hope there is a nice discount in the bulk buy lol so the power heads will look somthing like this as far as water flow? Do sw fish like it that much? Hahah i like the magnet thing though.
------> <--------

Sucks being a broke kid. Only way i earn money is by doing chores in thr house, and the house is spotless!! Hahah oh well!
Old 11-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #309
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have mine at more of an angle, they are further back on the sides and go towards each other meeting at the glass as far as flow. The flow then bounces off the glass and gets everywhere. In my 55g I have them both aimed to the rocks and each other. You will have to see what works best for you.

it will depend on the rock formations and all as to where to aim them to get the best flow.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #310
Aquarium Advice Addict

It is not fun making a dollar for cleaning every window in the house. Hahaha not very easy to get mony that way! And how much is each one of those powerheads?? Might cost more then we can make! Also, the lady i want to buy LR from said she would give me 30lb for 60 bucks. Do i need 30 or could i go 20?

Tags
build, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com