GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
needmorecowbell said:
There aren't any branches in it but it's easily chiseled. I broke some up to fit my branches of live rock.

Anything good for arches? Thats what we were planning on making.

How did you break it up, i chisel and hammer?

I was barbaric and just used a hammer mostly and sometimes a screwdriver.. You could definitely make some cool arches with the stuff.

needmorecowbell said:
I was barbaric and just used a hammer mostly and sometimes a screwdriver.. You could definitely make some cool arches with the stuff.

Awesome! Now, we were thinking about just glueing the arch. We will probably move stuff around eventually, and dont want it all to be glued together.

needmorecowbell said:
Just the arc would be a good idea, them it won't fall apart. I really wish I would've done that. Mine wobbles a lot.

Ya? That would scare me..
What glue do you all suggest?

Gboy66 said:
Home depot a place to get it?

Nooo, get a epoxy recommended for underwater use such as Holdfast. I made that mistake and wasted $15 at Lowes. Petco sells holdfast and it even attaches to liverock :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Ohhh is that stuff really good? Thanks for the input guys!

Yep, it's made for attaching frags to rocks and aquascaping. The other putty would fall apart in the tank.

I got it!! We will see how it works when we get our rock on thursday :) it was the last one at petco :)

Attachments

• image-520594907.jpg
    image-520594907.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 84
Haha i know things are finally starting to happen! I dont have corals and fish like you.... But at least i have my rock glue.... Hahahaha :)

I got it!! We will see how it works when we get our rock on thursday :) it was the last one at petco :)

I see you got soo excited you took a picture in the car lool. Can't wait to see your rock formation now. You have no excuse to make it look bad now lol

Ibrahim said:
I see you got soo excited you took a picture in the car lool. Can't wait to see your rock formation now. You have no excuse to make it look bad now lol

Haha your so right! I couldnt control myself ;) haha and ya i hope i get some nice rock to work with, there has to be at least a few good pieces in 35 lb right?
How many rocks would you guess that is?

Haha your so right! I couldnt control myself ;) haha and ya i hope i get some nice rock to work with, there has to be at least a few good pieces in 35 lb right?
How many rocks would you guess that is?

Maybe around 6-10 lol They usually know what size tank its for when you order so they try to add pieces to fit your tank. I got 20 3lb pieces since I asked for that many.

Haha okay i hope i get like 7 small pieces and 3-4 bigggg pieces for an arch and maybe some type of tower thing.. Haha im not sure!

Haha okay for all of you still following this thread (probably not many) this is what i want the tank to look like!

Attachments

• image-3256941106.jpg
    image-3256941106.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom