GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gboy66 said:
Haha well arent you lucky!

Is it alright if i mix and fill up my tank tomorrow, even if the rock isnt here? I wouldnt add sand either but could i fill it up with water?

You could but it would be much harder to add sand. I wouldn't do it though but it's up to you.

Ibrahim said:
You could but it would be much harder to add sand. I wouldn't do it though but it's up to you.

Why would it be so hard? Ecause it'd get cloudy and hard to work?

Gboy66 said:
Why would it be so hard? Ecause it'd get cloudy and hard to work?

Yep. Happened to me before and was a nightmare.

Attachments

• image-3006045221.jpg
    image-3006045221.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 72
I just filled my tank last night with sand AFTER the rock and it only took an hour or two to settle down.

It's usually a good thing to get your rock in first so that it sits flat on the floor of the tank and won't shift. :)

Just more options LOL

Oooooohhhh okay thanks! First we need to spend 7 hours making water! Lol. I think the base rock is comming today or tomarrow... We will have our putty ready to make a cool scape! :)

carey said:
I just filled my tank last night with sand AFTER the rock and it only took an hour or two to settle down.

It's usually a good thing to get your rock in first so that it sits flat on the floor of the tank and won't shift. :)

Just more options LOL

Sounds good carey! So yours wasnt too cloudy? I was thinking just add the sand halfway, add rocks, add water, add sand. Good?

I was really surprised I didn't get more of a sandstorm to be honest. But I started up the sump and powerheads and it cleared up pretty quick. Also when you add sand after the rock you will have to blow the sand off of it. :)

It's really up to you on the order you go in. i was feeling kinda lazy so I just dumped it in. LOL Just make sure that the rock is stable first and then you can go from there. Don't forget the bowl trick when adding water... place a bowl or plate on the sandbed and pour the water into that so you dont splash up any sand.

carey said:
I was really surprised I didn't get more of a sandstorm to be honest. But I started up the sump and powerheads and it cleared up pretty quick. Also when you add sand after the rock you will have to blow the sand off of it. :)

It's really up to you on the order you go in. i was feeling kinda lazy so I just dumped it in. LOL Just make sure that the rock is stable first and then you can go from there. Don't forget the bowl trick when adding water... place a bowl or plate on the sandbed and pour the water into that so you dont splash up any sand.

Haha cool! How should i clean off all of the rocks, turkey baster?

Ya, i think te rock will all be stable with the glue. And i will remember the bowl trick

needmorecowbell said:
A Turkey baster or a pipette for the small areas works great.

Cool! Now its just a waiting game...

I cant take it! How long does it usually take for reefcleaners to ship orders to you?

Oh and by the way yesterday we bought a eheim jagur as a heater for our tank, its rated up to like 45 gallons.

Gboy66 said:
Cool! Now its just a waiting game...

I cant take it! How long does it usually take for reefcleaners to ship orders to you?

It shouldnt be longer than 3-4 days. Mines was 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom