Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #351
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hey guys, i also heard somthing about a reef test kit? Is that another thing to go on the list? Any other testers i need?

Old 11-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #352
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I wouldn't worry about the reef master kit just yet. It is for calcium, alkalinty and phosphates I believe. For those tests U kinda would recommend a more reliable test kit than the API one, something like salifert would be my suggestion.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #353
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I wouldn't worry about the reef master kit just yet. It is for calcium, alkalinty and phosphates I believe. For those tests U kinda would recommend a more reliable test kit than the API one, something like salifert would be my suggestion.
Ok, good so carey, do you recommend the 800 korolias from ebay? Or a different type from another place?
Old 11-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #354
Aquarium Advice Addict

eBay, Amazon, fishneedit, the Classifieds, the LFS, anywhere IMO
Old 11-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #355
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsbro1997
eBay, Amazon, fishneedit, the Classifieds, the LFS, anywhere IMO
Good! Anywhere we could buy the aquaclear 70 and the powerheads to save on shipping? Does amazon even have shipping? Haha
Old 11-26-2011, 04:28 PM   #356
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi wow think it'll be past me bedtime if i read every post,so i do apologies if i repeat anything. I didn't see any mention of a hydrometer or refractometer? You'll need a way to measure the salinity? Also the use of an additional filter is some times used with a phosphate removing resin? I believe carbon not used much in marines? Peppermint shrimps can be shy? Six line wrasse perfect with the clowns try and provide them with there territory to one side so they don't 'rule' the centre of the tank? Just a suggestion
Old 11-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #357
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrays4
Hi wow think it'll be past me bedtime if i read every post,so i do apologies if i repeat anything. I didn't see any mention of a hydrometer or refractometer? You'll need a way to measure the salinity? Also the use of an additional filter is some times used with a phosphate removing resin? I believe carbon not used much in marines? Peppermint shrimps can be shy? Six line wrasse perfect with the clowns try and provide them with there territory to one side so they don't 'rule' the centre of the tank? Just a suggestion
Ah yes, i am going to get a refractometer, but not yet. I will once the cycling starts. Not dure what you mean by the additional filter, but i will have 2, aquaclear 70 and an aquon 10 gallon filter. I am planning on one peppermint shrimp, bad idea? And the new stock list is

1 ocerellis clownfish
1 scissor tail dartfish
1 high finned red banded goby
1 YWG
1 gramma
1 bangaii cardinal
Old 11-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #358
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi sounds like you got the filtration covered Why only a single clown? I have only ever kept pairs Also as far as i remember inverts do not count towards the total stocking level so you could add more shrimps?
Refractometer - better than a hydrometer
Old 11-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #359
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh i heard that if you have 2 clowns they get agressive? I hope thats not true
Because i would love to get 2!!
Old 11-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #360
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrays4
Hi sounds like you got the filtration covered Why only a single clown? I have only ever kept pairs Also as far as i remember inverts do not count towards the total stocking level so you could add more shrimps?
Refractometer - better than a hydrometer
Well i heard that the clowns could pair up, and be a bit agressive, and i dont really want to chance it, ya know? For inverts, i was planning on alot! They are my favorite

1-2 cleaner
1 peppermint
1 fire (eventually!)
1 emerald crab
10 hermits
10 snails

A different type of crab?

Ya, im definatly going refractometer. I compare the hydrometer to test strips, and refractometer to a liquid test kit

Tags
build, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com