Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #361
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had a Clownfish in my tank for a few years with no problems. Then I added another and whenever I put my hand in the tank she attacks me. She doesn't harm any fish though.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #362
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea
I had a Clownfish in my tank for a few years with no problems. Then I added another and whenever I put my hand in the tank she attacks me. She doesn't harm any fish though.
Really? Lol ever make you bleed? Haha

Old 11-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #363
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh i really want 2, but many people have wierd stories with agression and stuff so i am unsure..
Old 11-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #364
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel
Oh i really want 2, but many people have wierd stories with agression and stuff so i am unsure..
Luckily, no, but it is startling, lol.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #365
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea View Post
Hi i had a breeding pair of Maroon clowns and when they had eggs they would attack anyone that went near the eggs {accept fish that is!} and they did draw BLOOD They would swim towards your hand then bang into you and bite all at the same time Yes a pair can be problematic until they sort out which is which,the bigger of the two will be the female. But till its sorted there can be problems.The advice is to buy two from the same tank,but try and pick two slightly different sized clowns so the bigger will naturally become the female?
Old 11-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #366
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrays4
Hi i had a breeding pair of Maroon clowns and when they had eggs they would attack anyone that went near the eggs {accept fish that is!} and they did draw BLOOD They would swim towards your hand then bang into you and bite all at the same time Yes a pair can be problematic until they sort out which is which,the bigger of the two will be the female. But till its sorted there can be problems.The advice is to buy two from the same tank,but try and pick two slightly different sized clowns so the bigger will naturally become the female?
Yep, that is what my female does to attack me, except for no blood is drawn. They are ocellaris. Chances are super, super low that they will ever lay eggs because one is black and white and the other is orange.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #367
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay thanks i would LOVE to get 2 clown fish. I dont care if they are differant colors or anything! Haha so get one bigger one, one smaller one, and preferably differant types to ensure no agression? An if they did lay eggs. Couldnt i just take them out so the fish have no reason to be agressive? Also they dont attack other fish right? Thanks, i appreciate it
Old 11-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #368
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If you want two clowns the best bet would be to get regular oscellaris ones, in b&w or orange. From what I've read and seen they are the least aggressive of the bunch. I have 2 sets of clowns and they both mated up without too much trouble. My b&w percula's did have alot of fighting for about a month, nothing serious though and now they are cool with each other. But again, one was larger than the other so that helped I'm sure.
During their spats they didn't bother any other fish. In fact, I haven't had any clowns that bothered any other fish yet. lol
Old 11-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #369
Aquarium Advice Addict

Awesome! I would like 2 clowns regardless ! Haha so i will check em out tonight so black and white one thats a little larger and a orange one that is a little smaller! Im excited thanks!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #370
Aquarium Advice Freak

Somebody said eirlier that pepperments r shy. Mine were very active. Actually my favorite shrimp I've had, because they would swim out in open water during feeding and come all the way up to the top to and rest upside down on my finger tip (SO AWSOME!!!) They were probably just hungery cause I put them in to rid my tank of glass anenemones, so they feasted pretty good the first week or two. They did a great job btw. So IMO I would get at least two.

Tags
build, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com