GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just be careful when you have sand clouding the water current with your filters running. That's how I broke my powerhead.

Sniperhank said:
If you just added your water it sturred up the sand. No big deal. It'll clear up faster with the filtration.

Also, my Royal Gamma, Neon Goby, and my Clown are best friends. They swim infront of my tank all day. The goby hangs on my gamma and my clown has even started eating some mysis shrimp like the gamma and goby...

Haha hopefully my fish have that kind of bong!! Thats awesome!!!

Anything i can do to help the salt dissolve? It kindof sits at the bottom even with the powerheads

needmorecowbell said:
Just be careful when you have sand clouding the water current with your filters running. That's how I broke my powerhead.

No guys, that was all salt! Lol

Gboy66 said:
Anything i can do to help the salt dissolve? It kindof sits at the bottom even with the powerheads

Point them at the bottom of the tanks so that it's always disturbed,

Ibrahim said:
Point them at the bottom of the tanks so that it's always disturbed,

Ok, ill move the powerheads to ground level, that way itll kick up the salt more. Is it common for just salt to make a tank this cloudy?

Gboy66 said:
Ok, ill move the powerheads to ground level, that way itll kick up the salt more. Is it common for just salt to make a tank this cloudy?

Yea it is. When I mix in buckets it's like that for a few hours but should clear up in a day.

Ibrahim said:
Yea it is. When I mix in buckets it's like that for a few hours but should clear up in a day.

Cool thanks lol we were pretty confused. Also, should refractometer readigs be taken once the entire tank is mixed more?
Were getting wrong readings, but thats testing lile 1hr after the addition of salt

Gboy66 said:
Cool thanks lol we were pretty confused. Also, should refractometer readigs be taken once the entire tank is mixed more?
Were getting wrong readings, but thats testing lile 1hr after the addition of salt

Wait until the water is clear and there is no salt film on the bottom of the tank.

Thought id post some more pics, now everything is running!

Attachments

• image-3135680725.jpg
    image-3135680725.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 73
  • image-2887233172.jpg
    image-2887233172.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 83
Looking good. What I do with mine, I have a 750 slightly pointed up to keep my water rippled and a smaller 550 pointed towards the bottom opposing corner of the tank. This makes up really nice current for the tank that my fish simply love. I added the smaller one due to issues with no circulation behind my rocks and bad growth. Has solved the issues aside from the bad growth at the top of my tank, but that is being fueled by my T5s.

Sniperhank said:
Looking good. What I do with mine, I have a 750 slightly pointed up to keep my water rippled and a smaller 550 pointed towards the bottom opposing corner of the tank. This makes up really nice current for the tank that my fish simply love. I added the smaller one due to issues with no circulation behind my rocks and bad growth. Has solved the issues aside from the bad growth at the top of my tank, but that is being fueled by my T5s.

Nice, i am thinking about this method along with the idea of having 1 powerheads on the same side at the top pointed down

Might work, not sure. What are your plans on stocking? The net was out on my phone and I've been busy with the holidays so I am days behind on this post...aka like, 40 pages in your thread lol.

Sniperhank said:
Might work, not sure. What are your plans on stocking? The net was out on my phone and I've been busy with the holidays so I am days behind on this post...aka like, 40 pages in your thread lol.

Lol! Lets see we were thinking

Sw Stock List

1 Ocerellis clownfish
1 B&W Clownfish
1 midas blenny
1 Orange stripe prawn goby OR ywg
1 gramma
1 flasher wrasse OR bangaii cardinal

We will only have 5 fish if we feel 6 is too much. Well also add very slowly

I'm hoping your B&W is an ocerellis...I can never keep all my clowns straight anymore...or they will have fun beating on each other probably. Your tank is tiny like mine, not big enough for 2 different types.

Sniperhank said:
I'm hoping your B&W is an ocerellis...I can never keep all my clowns straight anymore...or they will have fun beating on each other probably. Your tank is tiny like mine, not big enough for 2 different types.

Skip the b&w? What else would you recommend?

People have been saying buy both clowns first and add them at the beginning together but i dunno

Gboy66 said:
Skip the b&w? What else would you recommend?

People have been saying buy both clowns first and add them at the beginning together but i dunno

Get two true percula clowns

Ibrahim said:
Get two true percula clowns

Oh and there would be less problems?

I was thinking a helfrichi firefish would be cool too, olny problem is that we have alot of space for jumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom