Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 12-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #471
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishy5559

To be honest, I don't QT as I can't really set up another tank either
Good to know we arent the only ones! What about corals? Dont you have to dip them before introducing?
__________________

__________________
Gboy66 is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #472
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Nu-Nu the eel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishy5559

No, don't think it is too many, my tank is the same size and I will be getting the same amount of shrimp, apart from the pistol.

He does look like a really cool goby

What snails you going for?
Okay cool! The pistol shrimp is non agressive so it should be ok
Ya i like the goby alot too. We were going to get a yellow watchman, but i really wanted the prawn goby.

For snails i think we are going to et nasserus? I dont no how to spell it. Haha
__________________

__________________
Nu-Nu the eel is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #473
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66 View Post
Good to know we arent the only ones! What about corals? Dont you have to dip them before introducing?
I don't actually do that either But I will dip zoas if they aren't from somewhere reliable as they can have a few nasties.
All I am keeping is softies, I think they have some of the best colours.
__________________
fishy5559 is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #474
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishy5559

I don't actually do that either But I will dip zoas if they aren't from somewhere reliable as they can have a few nasties.
All I am keeping is softies, I think they have some of the best colours.
True!! What do you use to dip?
__________________
Gboy66 is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #475
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel View Post
Okay cool! The pistol shrimp is non agressive so it should be ok
Ya i like the goby alot too. We were going to get a yellow watchman, but i really wanted the prawn goby.

For snails i think we are going to et nasserus? I dont no how to spell it. Haha
The pistol will be fine
The yellow watchman allways looks unhappy, but in a lush way

Nassarius snails, they are for turning the sand. I actually ordered some myself and should be here tomorrow (I ordered super nassarius because they are bigger than regular) aswell as turbo snails-turbo snails are great for cleaning your rocks and glass

Also I would recommend a tuxedo urchin as they are great alage cleaners and also very cool
__________________
fishy5559 is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #476
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Nu-Nu the eel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,455
Haha thanks for the advice! You know i have wanted a tuxedo urchin for a long time! I made a thread about it and someone said that it would take coraline algea off of my rocks and glass which would be bad because tou want coraline algea....
__________________
Nu-Nu the eel is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #477
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66 View Post
True!! What do you use to dip?
Well It's just usually RO dip, but I have been lucky and never had any nasties. Just get the plain RO to room temp and dip for 3-4 mins
__________________
fishy5559 is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #478
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
severum mama's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: GA
Posts: 10,297
ANY coral can bring in nasties. We once got flatworms in a trade. Lesson learned, dip corals. I hear Coral RX being recommended a lot but have never used it.
severum mama is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #479
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel View Post
Haha thanks for the advice! You know i have wanted a tuxedo urchin for a long time! I made a thread about it and someone said that it would take coraline algea off of my rocks and glass which would be bad because tou want coraline algea....
If you only have one he will be fine, coraline isn't needed, just makes the rocks look nicer.
__________________
fishy5559 is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #480
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by severum mama
ANY coral can bring in nasties. We once got flatworms in a trade. Lesson learned, dip corals. I hear Coral RX being recommended a lot but have never used it.
Coral RX. Got it! Sm, we arent going to QT because we can set up another tank, is there anything else we could do though? How do we know that a fish is very healthy and worth buying?
__________________

__________________
Gboy66 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
build, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally Gonna go Saltwater - 29 Gallon build spoonman Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 230 09-02-2012 11:16 AM
55 gallon reef - First Saltwater Build Ever! matthewh133 Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 200 11-28-2011 03:26 AM
First time 46 gal saltwater build. Couple questions Gunk Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 3 08-04-2011 11:18 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.