GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't u already have like one or two cocktail shrimp in there? That should be plenty. One cube wouldn't really shoot your nitrates up though. That's people who feed everyday and don't rinse. Don't get me wrong, your trates r going to be going up but that's the cycle.

We had to take the shrimps out lol!!! Smelled terrible and the tank is in my bro's room!!

KAhner said:
Really? I can never really smell anything until I take it out the tank. I would imagine the mysis will smell about the same.

Maybe, hopefully not. I got raw shrimp, maybe thats the problem?

kurtyboh said:
Yeah, it can... Using pure ammonia doesnt smell as bad

Haha i bet.

Should i go through getting pure amonia? Or will the 2lbs and mysis be enough you think? I guess i could add another cube in a week or so.

By the way...found a little white hitchhiker starfish;):)

Oh, and all the mysis was sucked up in the filter..it will still release ammonia though, right? Not a problem?

Lol. I was going say it would be a good idea to leave them in a net or something. Yea it shouldn't really matter much though. Actually might be good cause there will be a lot of flow on them. Just make sure to change ur filter when ur done cycling. What r u running in ur filter? Personally I would just run a floss for now. I've always ran some carbon thru the cycle but it's probably counter productive.

KAhner said:
Lol. I was going say it would be a good idea to leave them in a net or something. Yea it shouldn't really matter much though. Actually might be good cause there will be a lot of flow on them. Just make sure to change ur filter when ur done cycling. What r u running in ur filter? Personally I would just run a floss for now. I've always ran some carbon thru the cycle but it's probably counter productive.

Ah crud ya i have the sponge, and carbon and little ead things that come with the AC70 (im running an ac70)

Ill rinse out the sponge after

kurtyboh said:
Well the sponge needs to be replaced periodically, also i dont think itll rinse out very well

Really? I dont really want to buy those things, could i diy it and shove some quilt badding in there?

I dont know about quilt batting, i would think it could slow the water down alot, plus you dont know what lubricants they are using on the machine, whic can get on the product, cert organic stuff may be an option, but would still be worried about the firat point.

Is filter floss not an option? Cut to shape and size stan a couple together if need be...

kurtyboh said:
I dont know about quilt batting, i would think it could slow the water down alot, plus you dont know what lubricants they are using on the machine, whic can get on the product, cert organic stuff may be an option, but would still be worried about the firat point.

Is filter floss not an option? Cut to shape and size stan a couple together if need be...

Well i have seen youtube vids and everything that people use quilt badding in diy filters.

Yes, i like that idea adam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom