GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
redsea said:
Hopefully! There is nothing worse than waiting, I know the feeling, lol. But patience is key in this hobby. :)

Good thing we have our 40 gallon freshwater tank to occupy ourselves with!!

Good thing we have our 40 gallon freshwater tank to occupy ourselves with!!

Yep, it is always good to have a tank to work on while working on a new tank. :)

I also enjoy watching other people's tank progress so that helps ease the pain of waiting too.

needmorecowbell said:
In starting to want another tank to keep me occupied lol. It's so tempting but I know i really shouldn't..

Haha maybe just a fw planted shrimp tank, or nano? It would be very cheap!

needmorecowbell said:
I was thinking pico.. I just know I shouldnt. My parents would most likely kill me.

How about a "secret pico" lol.

It really helps with obsession though! When there is a spell where you shouldnt by sw fish...buy fw fish..lol

Just found 2 sea star looking things. They have 4-5 limbs fron what i can see and its red and white striped.... These good or bad????? Also just found a small bristle worm..

You can see the sea star thing's arm... Sorry the pics are horrible

Attachments

• image-2761558886.jpg
    image-2761558886.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 85
  • image-3811482656.jpg
    image-3811482656.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 102
Theres the worm!

Attachments

• image-2584461492.jpg
    image-2584461492.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2528132806.jpg
    image-2528132806.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 88
Gboy66 said:
How about a "secret pico" lol.

It really helps with obsession though! When there is a spell where you shouldnt by sw fish...buy fw fish..lol

I was thinking I could sneak It under my tank and no one would know haha. I would buy a fw, I love em, but it's a lot harder to find stuff to fit in a 5 than it is with salt. A cool invert and coral only tank would be cool with pwc's daily.

needmorecowbell said:
Don't touch it without gloves! If it's a bristle, it will be like fiber glass in your finger for a while. It looks cool!

Haha okay i wont touch the thing! Hes bigger then i thought! Also, do you no anything about the "sea star" things??? Thx!

Star Is harmless. I have about 1000 in my tank - brittle stars - basically live half in the rock at all times and just hang legs out to catch food in the water column.

The stars stay about 1-1.5" total. Basically what you have now. They are in just about every knook and cranny I have in my tank. I don't suppliment any feeding, they just get what they need from the water. They don't bother anything in the tank.

if the fish eat them they can die my clown got one stuck in its throte a wrase will eat them and be fine ive even herd they can get rid of them for you

Walked away and came back about 20 minutes later an it has grown like an inch sence i last saw it! Lol. Haha its bigger then i thought

Dang have we got some tests!!! 0-.25, 5+, and 10-20!!!!!

Question, for the refractometer do i have to calibrate it every time i use it? I think it was 1.025

Attachments

• image-3889809664.jpg
    image-3889809664.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 63
  • image-3355717557.jpg
    image-3355717557.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3826553395.jpg
    image-3826553395.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.