GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
needmorecowbell said:
Alright I'll see. I wanted to but I heard that they cause trouble. I don't know why though..

Nah ive never heard of that. We will be getting a pair in maybe a month

needmorecowbell said:
Oh nice, hey Mattias wanted me to congratulate you guys!

Lol tell him thanks!!! Its been a long journey into saltwater! Haha :) do you think it would be too early to buy a peppermint shrimp and emerald crab tomarrow?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Lol tell him thanks!!! Its been a long journey into saltwater! Haha :) do you think it would be too early to buy a peppermint shrimp and emerald crab tomarrow?

Nope. I think your BB can handle it.

KAhner said:
Man I guess I'm getting old. Ain't u guys ever heard of Free Willie?

Lol!

Any other shrimp/crabs you suggest to buy first? Lightfoot, peppermint, cleaner emerald. Are there any other types of options?

Those all sound great. I already said it but I highly recommend nassarius snails. They'll eat anything left over quick. They'd probably eat a dead fish before you even knew it died. I've seen two smash a krill in a couple minutes. It's surprising how much they can eat.

KAhner said:
Those all sound great. I already said it but I highly recommend nassarius snails. They'll eat anything left over quick. They'd probably eat a dead fish before you even knew it died. I've seen two smash a krill in a couple minutes. It's surprising how much they can eat.

I definitly will, although at the 1 lfs they were 2$ per. Maybe the other one will be cheaper! If so, get 3?

Stingray-

Youll be happy to know that we got the inverts thursday, and i ended up dominating in ping pong friday. Win-Win baby!

Ya we have a really nice camra, but dont no how to put pics on here :( i really want you guys to see better pics, not cruddy iphone pics... Thanks adam!

Haha my sister is really good at taking pictures, so she has a uber nice camera! Lol. She hates fish though so ahe wont take pictures of mine for me..

Lol my dad has one but it takes film. It takes some great pics though. The ones with removable apertures are like 500$ plus the macro aperture is like 300$

Also, they guy was really pushing for us to buy a fish. I didnt want to and bought the shrimp instead. Was this wrong?? Should we have gotten a fish??

Also, do sally lightfoot crabs eat snails? We have big snails (turbans?) and i dont think a crab could

Gboy66 said:
Also, they guy was really pushing for us to buy a fish. I didnt want to and bought the shrimp instead. Was this wrong?? Should we have gotten a fish??

Also, do sally lightfoot crabs eat snails? We have big snails (turbans?) and i dont think a crab could

No you did the right thing. You may have been able to get away with one but it was better to get the shrimp. I've got a Lightfoot crab and he is my most favorite of all. He is jumpy during feeding time which I find funny lol But he won't hurt anything in your tank.

Ibrahim said:
No you did the right thing. You may have been able to get away with one but it was better to get the shrimp. I've got a Lightfoot crab and he is my most favorite of all. He is jumpy during feeding time which I find funny lol But he won't hurt anything in your tank.

Okay cool! It was very wierd because the guy was pretty much telling us we needed a fish first an that we were skipping a step. They had some sally lightfoot crabs, but we decided to ask on here before buying one because he said it would eat crabs..... I really want one though! They are very cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom