GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nu-Nu the eel said:
Okay i think we will get it, it looks awesome. I would definitly like to support sps like you say it will! Not sure what we would do with the other light though...

I'm sure you could with both fixtures over your tank. The 4 bulb fits perfectly on my tank since its 24" but yours is 30" so it's less light coverage because the bulbs are only 24" long

Ohhh okay thanks! We will think about it. We hate tanking the light off everytime we want to remove the lid, its a pain..

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Ohhh okay thanks! We will think about it. We hate tanking the light off everytime we want to remove the lid, its a pain..

I second that!! My 20g freshwater drives me nuts every time I want to take off the hood i gotta first take the light off! Lol question ibrahim if you don't mind. I'm buying a 75 gallon tank as soon ask find the perfect one! I'm looking for what equipment I need. Could you suggest some brands to keep an eye out for! Thanks. Sorry for the temporary hijack!

caitlynnanne9189 said:
I second that!! My 20g freshwater drives me nuts every time I want to take off the hood i gotta first take the light off! Lol question ibrahim if you don't mind. I'm buying a 75 gallon tank as soon ask find the perfect one! I'm looking for what equipment I need. Could you suggest some brands to keep an eye out for! Thanks. Sorry for the temporary hijack!

Good protein skimmer brands are Eshopps, ASM, Octopus, and bubble magus. There are others but I can't think of them right now....A good return pump would be a mag drive.....,good lights would be a 4 bulb and a 2 bulb t5ho from aquatraders.com or fishneedit.com.... I like the fluval canister filters but I'm currently running a CFS700 and love it.

Ibrahim said:
Good protein skimmer brands are Eshopps, ASM, Octopus, and bubble magus. There are others but I can't think of them right now....A good return pump would be a mag drive.....,good lights would be a 4 bulb and a 2 bulb t5ho from aquatraders.com or fishneedit.com.... I like the fluval canister filters but I'm currently running a CFS700 and love it.

Hey thanks! I think I found a tank that I'm excited to get today just a quick question. She says it's drilled in the back corner by the over flow. This is what I want for the sump correct?

Heres the listing

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/for/2829919730.html

spoonman said:
That is the tank you want!

Yay!!! Looks like I found my tank! It's only 20 mins from my house too!! Yay!! I asked 300 but honestly will take it for 400 if I have too. That seems to be the going rate down here!

caitlynnanne9189 said:
Yay!!! Looks like I found my tank! It's only 20 mins from my house too!! Yay!! I asked 300 but honestly will take it for 400 if I have too. That seems to be the going rate down here!

Awesome!!! I am looking forward to that build!! Lol. Our next fish might be.......orange striped prawn goby or midas blenny.. Haha

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Awesome!!! I am looking forward to that build!! Lol. Our next fish might be.......orange striped prawn goby or midas blenny.. Haha

Just trying to get ideas myself so im going to look into those fish! :D I can't wait to pick up the tank! It will feel real then lol

caitlynnanne9189 said:
Just trying to get ideas myself so im going to look into those fish! :D I can't wait to pick up the tank! It will feel real then lol

Yea there are so many options!!

Yup! That will be very cool!!

What size it? 300-400 for a used 75 is pretty expensive.

Edit. Sorry didn't see link. I guess it comes with stand but still kinda high IMO

$400 is a bit high in my opinion as well. is there anything else included with the tank and stand? lights, skimmer, sump?

carey said:
$400 is a bit high in my opinion as well. is there anything else included with the tank and stand? lights, skimmer, sump?

Just tank and stand but it is drilled. Also canopy. I offered 300 she said 375 I offered 350 and I'm waiting. If she goes for it I think I'm going to buy it. It is a little high but I'm impatient lol. And I really like the canopy look

caitlynnanne9189 said:
Just tank and stand but it is drilled. Also canopy. I offered 300 she said 375 I offered 350 and I'm waiting. If she goes for it I think I'm going to buy it. It is a little high but I'm impatient lol. And I really like the canopy look

Very 1st rule of buying anything use is to not want it too much!!

You know there is a lot more stuff you need to buy. Rock, sand, I would highly recommend a skimmer, salt, refractometer, test kits, rodi unit (also highly recommended), lights, the list goes on. Odds are you'll buy a majority of this online and have to wait. I would be wiling to bet if you keep up the hunt for a week or two you will find something you like more for a better price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom