Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 01-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #821
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
needmorecowbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,638
Just be careful when you have sand clouding the water current with your filters running. That's how I broke my powerhead.
__________________

needmorecowbell is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #822
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
If you just added your water it sturred up the sand. No big deal. It'll clear up faster with the filtration.

Also, my Royal Gamma, Neon Goby, and my Clown are best friends. They swim infront of my tank all day. The goby hangs on my gamma and my clown has even started eating some mysis shrimp like the gamma and goby...
Haha hopefully my fish have that kind of bong!! Thats awesome!!!


Anything i can do to help the salt dissolve? It kindof sits at the bottom even with the powerheads
__________________

__________________
Gboy66 is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #823
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
Just be careful when you have sand clouding the water current with your filters running. That's how I broke my powerhead.
No guys, that was all salt! Lol
__________________
Gboy66 is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 01:02 AM   #824
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Ibrahim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 2,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66
Anything i can do to help the salt dissolve? It kindof sits at the bottom even with the powerheads
Point them at the bottom of the tanks so that it's always disturbed,
__________________
Ibrahim is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 01:14 AM   #825
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim

Point them at the bottom of the tanks so that it's always disturbed,
Ok, ill move the powerheads to ground level, that way itll kick up the salt more. Is it common for just salt to make a tank this cloudy?
__________________
Gboy66 is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #826
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Ibrahim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 2,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66

Ok, ill move the powerheads to ground level, that way itll kick up the salt more. Is it common for just salt to make a tank this cloudy?
Yea it is. When I mix in buckets it's like that for a few hours but should clear up in a day.
__________________
Ibrahim is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 01:17 AM   #827
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim

Yea it is. When I mix in buckets it's like that for a few hours but should clear up in a day.
Cool thanks lol we were pretty confused. Also, should refractometer readigs be taken once the entire tank is mixed more?
Were getting wrong readings, but thats testing lile 1hr after the addition of salt
__________________
Gboy66 is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 01:31 AM   #828
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Ibrahim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 2,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66

Cool thanks lol we were pretty confused. Also, should refractometer readigs be taken once the entire tank is mixed more?
Were getting wrong readings, but thats testing lile 1hr after the addition of salt
Wait until the water is clear and there is no salt film on the bottom of the tank.
__________________
Ibrahim is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 02:15 AM   #829
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim

Wait until the water is clear and there is no salt film on the bottom of the tank.
Ok, got it. Thanks man
__________________
Gboy66 is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 03:16 AM   #830
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Thought id post some more pics, now everything is running!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3135680725.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	68447   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2887233172.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	68448  

__________________

__________________
Gboy66 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
build, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally Gonna go Saltwater - 29 Gallon build spoonman Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 230 09-02-2012 11:16 AM
55 gallon reef - First Saltwater Build Ever! matthewh133 Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 200 11-28-2011 03:26 AM
First time 46 gal saltwater build. Couple questions Gunk Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 3 08-04-2011 11:18 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.