Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-07-2012, 01:14 AM   #891
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteGTI
no hes saying the first pic is the arch that will go between the 2 rocksi n the 2nd pic

but i agree with JLH.. I tried to make an arch but just ended up creating dead space so I went with a U
Dead space?

Old 01-07-2012, 03:24 AM   #892
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66 View Post
Coralife 2 bulb t5

We have just been informed that our rock is on the doorstep!!!! My sister texted me "live rock is here!" while i was in class lol! Its base rock!
Wait, didn't we determine that the fixture was a PC? If it's Coralife brand, the Coralife brand mounting legs will work with it. Check your fixture to be sure. There should be a "track" that the mounting legs will screw into. You can buy them for about 7 bucks from a lfs or certainly, they will be easy to find online. That just gets your light fixture a couple of inches above the tank trim so much less danger of splashing if you use a mesh top. Salt creep us NOT good for light fixtures, or anything else. Lol.

*edit* I really like the rock arrangement that you showed in your latest photos. Good job.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:05 AM   #893
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by severum mama
Wait, didn't we determine that the fixture was a PC? If it's Coralife brand, the Coralife brand mounting legs will work with it. Check your fixture to be sure. There should be a "track" that the mounting legs will screw into. You can buy them for about 7 bucks from a lfs or certainly, they will be easy to find online. That just gets your light fixture a couple of inches above the tank trim so much less danger of splashing if you use a mesh top. Salt creep us NOT good for light fixtures, or anything else. Lol.

*edit* I really like the rock arrangement that you showed in your latest photos. Good job.
Ah yes i think it is a pc. I didnt see tracks on the fixture, but i definitly saw screws, maybe thats where the legs would go. I will definitly check for the legs online, and most likely make the mesh top during the cycling process. That will be a time of waiting lol.

That salt buildup really is annoying, i feel lile i need to wipe it down every time i see it haha!

Thank you! We just finished glueing/hold-fasting the final arrangment together. I hope you all will like it, as i certainly do.

Question: what is the best way to lift the entire structure into the tank? We were thinking just having like 3 people help, but im very afraid that the glue will all come apart and the arch wont support itself anymore. Any ideas?

Pics will come in the morning, or whenever i get up tomorrow! Lol, we have been working on this formation for awhile, so im beat!!
Old 01-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #894
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66 View Post
Dead space?
sorry.. no water movement in that location. it became this sanctuary for debris lol
Old 01-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #895
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteGTI

sorry.. no water movement in that location. it became this sanctuary for debris lol
Will 2 korolia 750's get the job done?
Old 01-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #896
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I have a 750 and 550 in my 36 gal. Tbh id like them both to be 750s.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #897
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Ok guys!!!! Done!!! How you all like it??

Note: the piece under the arch is under debate if we should keep it there or move it. Suggestions??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2161144557.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	69281   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-145557298.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	69282  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2277908833.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	69283   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2479895077.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	69284  

Old 01-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #898
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66
Ok guys!!!! Done!!! How you all like it??

Note: the piece under the arch is under debate if we should keep it there or move it. Suggestions??
If its a secured, I love it! But didn't even get my feet wet yet in saltwater. But non the less, I like it!

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 01-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #899
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

If you are like me that wont be your final layout. All through my cycle i rearranged my rock. I just moved some around this week to help circulation and to get my gsp better flow. That move has made me unhappy with the layout and im plotting again.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #900
Aquarium Advice Addict

If the big arc isnt moving, then I like it! Also, are you putting a background on it at some point?

Closed Thread

Tags
build, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com