GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stingrays4 said:
Hi just letting you know I've found the thread,shall have a proper read tomorrow and see if can help out at all:cool:

Oh yay! Haha one more friend! :D

So would it be alright if we bought the salt friday, and the live rock friday or saturday? Then used only a small 10g filter for the next week, and the bad powerhead? Then got the rest of the necessary stuff after that/for christmas? It would stay cycled with the lr right?

Hmm not feelin the love...lol!

Well guys, wev got 56$ so i think we will buy the live rock and salt mix friday-sunday. Do you still have to do PWC's in the beginning of the cycle? Or the end only?

PWCs should be done during the cycle on SW on at the end of the cycle unless you plan on doing a soft cycle.

Wy Renegade said:
PWCs should be done during the cycle on SW on at the end of the cycle unless you plan on doing a soft cycle.

Oh, whats a soft cycle? So i should do pwc's every week during the cycle?

I was told not to do a PWC till the tank was cycled. then do a 50% water change after its cycled. please correct me if I am wrong about this.

CleverBs said:
I was told not to do a PWC till the tank was cycled. then do a 50% water change after its cycled. please correct me if I am wrong about this.

Okay thanks for the advice! Would it be smart to buy the LR this week and wait about a month to buy the other stuff?

Wy Renegade said:
Yes, like most good things in this hobby, it takes some patience and effort ;).

I definatly might go that route, but since im buying some pretty cheap lr, maybe not.

Wy Renegade, do you think thats a good deal on those powerheads above? Thanks :D

gboy and nunu, im too lazy to read through but am curuios what are your stocking plans?

I definatly might go that route, but since im buying some pretty cheap lr, maybe not.

Wy Renegade, do you think thats a good deal on those powerheads above? Thanks :D

Those are nice pumps, and thats an ok price, but the nanos are not nearly enough pump for a 30gal tank. I've got two of the #2 running in a 20gal high.

Gboy66 said:
Okay so
1 occ. Clown
1 bangaii cardinal
1 gramma
1 YWG
1 high fin red banded goby? Nunu agree?
1 scissortail dartfish

Everybody like this one? Haha!
Also, we are planning on buying the live rock in the next week or so, anything special we should know how to do? Transporting it, rock work ideas, etc! We are planning on 30 lbs now, then maybe some baserock later on! Sorry SM! We definatly didnt mean to!

I think this is it as of right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom