Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-08-2005, 02:30 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to faerykisses
Thanks for the advice, I will take it. Although I am curious as to why these two fish would get sick. Our water quality seems to be good, actually all our levels looked right on. And the other two fish are fine, as well as the shrimp. Could it be that they were just sick before I bought them home?

Oh and thanks for the help and the Welcome. I heart it here.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:43 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to faerykisses
The 3 striped damsel and the yellow tail damsel died sometime yesterday afternoon. The LFS replaced the 3 striped one, but the new one is even more aggressive than the other one was. We are without a yellow tail now. I feel really bad for them.

Old 11-09-2005, 08:00 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

As the others have said damsels can be mean SOBs, and if there not your fav fish I would take them back to the LFS for credit. I listened to a LFS when I first got into the hobby and he said 7 yellow tailed damsels would be great in a 125 reef. so I got them and they would fight all the time with each other. The only time they got together was when i added a new fish, they would gang up on the new guy and beat them until they were dead. So I was limited to the fish i could get at first. 3 years later I still have 2 left and they do not bother any other fish now. Its tough when a 5$ fish kills a $25 fish.

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
behavior

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com