Geometric Moray Eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ogden10

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have any experience or feedback about the Geometric Moray? The only thing I am sure of is that it is a diurnal eel, and is a beautiful pinkish color. They have one for sale at a LFS. They tell me it is extremely hardy and peaceful (go figure they would say that about a rabid wolverine!) :lol:

Anyway, I think it is a beautiful fish and am considering it in the future so thought I would start digging now.

TIA

Never heard of it.. what's the scientific name?

There are pics and info about them on the web. Just google that common name. Sidera grisea is the scientific name. I have never kept one, but it is a very handsome animal. Eels in general are very hardy fish, easy to care for, for the most part. There are exceptions to the rule like the Ribbon Morey, so I wouldnt know how hardy these particular fish are. Keep diggin for info, you'll find it.

Yeah I have searched and I can find alot of pictures about them. What I was hoping to find is someone that could speak from experience about them in captivity. Also I wanted to see if anyone else had seen one for sale so I could judge if the price of 300.00 was fair.

300 for him? I dont know. I have never seen him before, but considering they want 2000.00 or more for my Eel it may be very fair.

Yeah the same store has a eel just like yours. They are only asking 900 I think.

Back
Top Bottom