get rid of nudibranch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have what looks to be a nudibranch on my zoa. I had it for maybe a week and its never fully opened up, but the parts that do open up look healthy. I noticed a spiky red slug slowly crawling around my zoas, should i turkey baster it?

if i let it grow, will it be a hazard to my other corals? i welcome the nudibranch unless it will become a pest, besides for the zoa

If its on the zoa, it's probably eating it and will kill it eventually. Suck it up with the Baster or grab with tweezers. You could dip the coral in coral dip too, that should kill it.

I would like to see a picture of it before it's killed. "Spikey and red" doesn't sound like a zoa predator, but there are so many.

already got rid of it, i can get a pic but my camera cant do macro shots so you wont see anything

the one i got is not red its more black but they look similar, either way my zoas have trouble opening up and i think it was the worm like thing

they are still closed though so im constantly checkign to see if more arrive

forgot to ask, what is a white spiky thing growing at the roots of my zoas? it definitely does not look like apart of the zoa

i have what looks to be a nudibranch on my zoa. I had it for maybe a week and its never fully opened up, but the parts that do open up look healthy. I noticed a spiky red slug slowly crawling around my zoas, should i turkey baster it?

if i let it grow, will it be a hazard to my other corals? i welcome the nudibranch unless it will become a pest, besides for the zoa

There are small zos eating nudis they take on the color of the zoa there munching on cant remember the name also most nudis eat one particular thing and a majority eat coral

And the zoa eating nudis are as you described maybe a 1/4" at very biggest and are spikey

yeah mine was very spiky, i googled it and it looked similar, although either the color changed or i took out an ally

the zoa still have not opened up so i think there might be more, or they are still scared lol

yeah mine was very spiky, i googled it and it looked similar, although either the color changed or i took out an ally

the zoa still have not opened up so i think there might be more, or they are still scared lol

Ya they acually take on the color of the zoa their eating in my case mine turned lime green cause they were munching radioactives

I would still dip them a few times over the course of a month to be sure you got the eggs. Coral RX is a pretty good all around dip.

that link you posted, yes it looks exactly like that

different color, was red in tank and turned whitish black outside of it

too bad its a pest, looks really neat

It's all a matter of how you look at them- I'm sure there's a marine biologist out there somewhere, studying nudibranchs, that's scrambling around looking for zoas to feed his awesome critters! ;)

Back
Top Bottom