Getring rid of aptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laureniron31

Aquarium Advice Regular
Any one got some advice for getting rid of aptasia? I have a 20 gallon tank with 13 kg of live rock, inverts and fish in it, I you look under the red bush In the picture and you can see quite a big one

Attachments

• image-1232110239.jpg
    image-1232110239.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 83
I cant make it out frombur pic but if its what i think it is had an aptasisa eating file fish once. They beautiful and av quite a character but yu must b carefully what they go in with fish/coral.

Turn off you ph and make a thick paste of kalk, or inject boiling water, joes juice or lemon juice. If you have 1 large one, you probably have many many more small ones
I use The Majano Wand once a month to zap 3-4 small ones, usually only in my sump or overflows. I very seldom find them in the main, even though i look at night all the time. Hum bee curious if my Black spiny urchin has anything to do with than? The are not a big deal if you deal with asap, they can and will overtake your tank if left unattended.

^Injecting is a good choice. Aiptasia-X works pretty well too, they actually eat the stuff and die within a few minutes. If you're using kalk or boiling water, you have to smother the whole thing so it dies. If you're injecting with lemon juice, you can take a hypodermic syringe and either inject through the mouth or the stalk. Try to fill it up. You can also buy a peppermint shrimp, many will eat aiptasia.

--Adeeb

Back
Top Bottom