getting a ro/di filter..need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm finally going to spring for a ro/di filter. I only have a 20 gallon tank so I don't need one that makes 75 or 100 gallons a day. Maybe 25gpd or smaller. Any suggestions for an affordable unit ? Right now I do 5 gallon a week water changes and buy my salt water from my LFS. 5 bucks a week didn't sound to bad but even that small amount adds up over a year.

I'm finally going to spring for a ro/di filter. I only have a 20 gallon tank so I don't need one that makes 75 or 100 gallons a day. Maybe 25gpd or smaller. Any suggestions for an affordable unit ? Right now I do 5 gallon a week water changes and buy my salt water from my LFS. 5 bucks a week didn't sound to bad but even that small amount adds up over a year.

You want at least 50 gpd. A 25 gpd would do a little over a gallon per hour. Just think about your water bill. I have a 20 as well and use a 75 gpd unit from bulkreefsupply. It was $130 and works wonderfully.

Thanks.
They have some nice units. What do you think about the ones on e-bay. I've seen some that are 75gpd for 70 bucks

I've heard good things about spectra pure. I think the eBay ones are fine as well.

Back
Top Bottom