Getting back into anenomes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chelli

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 40 gal fowlr and want to add back anenomes that were killed off in the last hurricane.. But this time I want them to flourish before hurricane season kills them all again. I have (existing) a 48"L flourescent actinic blue. What could replace this bulb to be strong/bright enough for anenomes to flourish? Or do you have to replace the whole fixture to accomodate the bulbs you'd need? I am clueless on this one guys. Lighting is my weakest link. Any advice would be nice! Thanks

I'm not sure I understand. You have a 48" single tube light with just an actinic bulb? No white lights? Most anemones are gonna require at least PC lighting or better.

That is what I am asking.. I only had the anenomes for a short time before the hurricanes got 'em.. Now I want to get back in.. what do I need.. in simplist form?

I would go with PC lights. They aren't as expensive and with a 4x65w light, it will give you plenty of light to keep a number of species of anemones. I would also suggest that you take a look at some of the sites sponsors. PM them and let them know what you want and see what they can do for you. HTH

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/sponsorbanners.php

Back
Top Bottom