Getting closer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SW Beginner

Aquarium Advice Activist
As the 55G aquarium was put on hold for a while I am finally getting to where I can order stuff for it. My plans as of now are:

2 - MJ 1200 powerheads
1 - MJ 900
1 - Red Sea Wavemaker
2 - 75W Ebo-Jager heaters
1 - 48" 4 lamp VHO retrofit kit from Hellolights.com (2 super actinic and 2 Ultrasun 10K bulbs)
1 - AquaC Remora w/additional MJ 1200 (would the CPR BackPack IIR be better?)
Pure Carribean Aragonite DSB

Thankfully the tax man will be paying for this. :D Will add fish and LR at a later time as I will be moving prior to being able to get the tank established.

If this is the skimmer you mean http://www.premiumaquatics.com/thestore/prods/AQUAC-REMORA.html
I would get a Red Sea Prizm instead. This is a lot of skimmer for the money. If you shop around you can find one for around $60. I would have no reservation running one on a 55.
You don't mention your location. On the east coast you can get SouthDown Tropical Playsand which is aragonite. If not, see if there is a local reef club that will order a pallet from Home Depot. The reef club in Denver has done this several times and spread SD from Colorado Springs to Ft. Collins. I think I gave around $7/50 lbs bag.
Everthing else sounds great.

Mark

I have a 55 myself and I purchased a 1200 and had to return it because it was to powerfull. So I now only use the 900's.

I am getting the exact same light setup as you. Reefrunner69 suggestes that I get 2 super actinics, 1 aquasun and 1 actinic white (50/50).

Back
Top Bottom