Getting frag off the plug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just wondering an easy way to remove a frag from the plug. I have a nice frogspawn. But the glued it to a plug. And can't get it to go any spot I want it in. I tried cutting at the glue with a pair of snips only to crack the stone up word to the top. Put it back on the rock and it came right back out. So I'm hoping I didn't kill it..
Plus I have some other frags I want to take the plugs off

All of mine have just snapped off. If it wont snap, I'd use a dremel. Just the vibration of the dremel cutting disc made my torch fall off the plug...

Never thought of the dremel .. I just bought one two weeks ago. Ill try that.. Do you guys know if the stalk will heal itself? Or will it always be broke? I'm just afraid one of these days soon my frogspawn will b dead because I broke it vertically ..

I think the stalk doesn't matter much. The life is in the polyps at the end. I had a hammer coral that was growing a new branch, I was too rough with it and it broke off. The new branch was soft and brittle and when I picked it up it cracked into like 5 peices in my hand. I took the baby polyp that was in this cracked mess and crammed it into a hole in a rock figuring it would die. it encusted to the rock and now is a nice big 4 head hammer coral!

+1 on a Dremel, they work great. I got a variable speed one and surprisingly found that if you want less vibration when cutting turn it way up. I tried lower speeds and get more vibration where at full speed there isn't much at all. Also I can reccommend a creme brûlée torch for removing stubborn algae.

Back
Top Bottom