Getting into Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxamillion

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, so I am about to buy 9 Zoanthid coral frags for $89. Along with that 1 Green and Red Ricordia, this will bring the total to $99. I know my skimmer isn't up to par, which is why I am also purchasing a ASM G2. This is all in the cart and I am about to enter my billing information.

So for the most part all I will need for feeding is Light, trace elements, iodine, and some micro invert food, right?

Am I missing anything, I want to know if I am missing anything before I click the submit button.

Thanks,
Max

Careful on the dosing iodine, it's not recommended because it can be easily overdosed since there isn't a really good test kit for iodine for consumers to use. Regular water changes will replenish trace elements inculding iodine.

Buy the corals

Careful on the dosing iodine, it's not recommended because it can be easily overdosed since there isn't a really good test kit for iodine for consumers to use. Regular water changes will replenish trace elements inculding iodine.
Yeah I am aware of this fact, I do have some iodine, and I add about a capful about every 2 months for my 75 gal, I have doing this for some time now, and my inverts have been doing great. I have been using less and less of it, but if I notice any adverse effect then I will start using it again.

Thanks for the heads up though.
Max

well I did it!

http://www.yourreef.com/index.html is where i bought my stuff from, I found great deals on the skimmer there AND there was FREE overnight shipping!!! I am so glad that I decided to find out how much overnight shipping was, because with ground they were going to charge me $28 for it!!!

I will get you guys pictures as soon as I can (sometime tomorrow.... assuming its shipped out tonight)

I'll keep you up to date.

-Max

You should get great frags! I have gotten 9 zoo frags and 3 digita frags from the same place. They are the nicest zoos in my tank. I got some with Orange centers, red centers, red skirts and pink centers, Burgandy skirts with white centers. I will buy from them again :wink:

Great! I wasn't sure about them, but I like to assume I can trust someone for the most part. I was looking at their clams... all I can say is woah... CHEAP! a 4 inch clam for only $30 thats a deal if I ever saw one!

Back
Top Bottom