Getting into zoas!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

G1203

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I go my first zoas yesterday!!! It's probably 8 to 10 heads but not all of them are open. The man said they are called aqua man zoas, I haven't found them on live aquaria tho. I really like them so far and want to cover a whole rock with different types!!!! If you have Any info or any cool rare zoas I should get tell me!

image-4218917911.jpg

Yah they're great corals and they're a so many different types!!!! I even saw the super rare zoas that where golden!!!!

I love my zoas to just looked at these and would love some they are called darf maul zoas
ForumRunner_20130629_194608.jpg

Here ya go
Zoanthids
Class Anthozoa, Subclass Zoantharia, Order Zoanthidea

Common names: zoos, zoanthids, button polyps (sometimes inconsistently given names like "fire and ice" and "people eaters" based on phenotypic characteristics such as coloration and size that may have little or nothing to do with actual species identification)
Natural origin: wide-ranging, Indo-pacific
Sensitivity (Level 1): Zoanthids are usually quite tolerant and easy to care for.
Feeding: Appropriate food particle size depends on the size of the particular coral's polyp mouth size. Though usually not necessary, some aquarists target feed to encourage faster growth.
Lighting (Level 4 to 10): Though more intense lighting is usually preferred, many zoanthids can adapt to much lower light intensities. As with any zooxanthellate coral, coloration can change in response to changing lighting conditions.
Water flow: These corals do well with moderate to high water flow.
Placement: Though not aggressive corals, they are fast growing when healthy and need considerable space (like Xenia and star polyps, they can become a nuisance in tanks with slower growing stony corals competing for space).
General: Polyps will close at night and when stressed. They may take a few days (or even weeks) to open up in a new environment. WARNING: Zoanthids secrete a slime that is highly toxic to humans. It's wise to use gloves when touching these corals. Do not touch polyps if you have an open wound. Do not touch eyes or mouth after touching polyps.

Xenia <

Home . About Us . Art @ ASIRA . Aquarium Basics . Coral Care

Yah mine where 10 dollars for like 8 to 9 heads!!!!

Yah they're are so many types. I'm gonna cover a whole rock with different colored zoas.

image-3845988176.jpg

Here's some fast growers, middle tank is Magicians and to the right a little lower are Candy Apple Reds. The Magicians were only 7 heads in Sep. lol

I like them as well. So many diff types to choose from too!

Attachments

• image-971239183.jpg
    image-971239183.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 232
  • image-2214223355.jpg
    image-2214223355.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 221
Back
Top Bottom