Getting ready to build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jumbaaa

Aquarium Advice Regular
HI everyone,
I am starting to get ready to build a 60 gallon reef tank. I was given 100 lbs of live rock which is right now hiding in my friends refugium. I found a 60 gallon tank with a stand for free :) :) :) and got a bunch of protien skimmers for a song (more then i need so if you are looking for a skimmer let me know) My only fear is that I live in an apartment and in 2 years, give or take, i will need to move. How do i go about moving a salt water tank? Is there anything I can do now as I am putting everyting together to help move it along to make it easier when I move?

I don't think there's anything necessarily that you can do now that will make it easier to break down in 2 years...however, I would suggest keeping rubbermaid tubs for your LR, tank inhabitants, & H20 for transfer.

Also- plan ahead before you break it back down! When are you going to do it, where is everything going in transit, etc. Keep plenty of RO/DI water on hand when you make the move. Looks like you're already planning ahead though!

Speaking of RO/DI water how does everyone store it? I am in an apartment and do not have the storage for much water.

I have several tanks so I store mine in a 32g brute trash can. But a smaller trash can would probably work. Youre looking at 10g-15g a week in water factoring in water changes and top off water. :)

Back
Top Bottom