Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-05-2004, 11:52 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Understood. It was visceral reaction.

MT79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:18 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Just got back online......wow...

In all honesty, I had no idea it was illegal. :|

It answers my question though. Thanks.

Remember to Keep Christ First!
revhtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:26 AM   #13
Its better to be safe then sorry. If anything check with the local game and fish, im sure they could give you a rundown on whats legal.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:50 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
When I do get to the beach, not as often now that I'm inland, up in New England it seemed quite difficult to get it throught to my younger sister and my nephew that we absolutely could not take anything living from there... There was more than enough dead things around that were almost as nice, why would anyone... but I was a kid once so I was patient with them, but I made it quite clear. We were at a beach that was loaded, and I mean loaded, with sand dollars. It was easy to tell the difference between a live one and a dead one. It was a nice beach... It really disgusted me how many people were walking around collecting things... I am pretty sure Most of the people released everything before they left, but I'm also quite sure that some did not. The biggest problem is a lot of people would bring it home and it would die that day, just so they could look at it... Of course revhtree is asking a slightly different question, but from what I"ve read as far as responsibilty goes, he'd be able to care for anything he collected... but there are those legal issues as well as health and safety of the rest of the tank inhabitants... Glad you asked and listened so well... Is it just me, or is it hard to not wonder what some of us would do without this message board? Anyway... that beach I went to, I found several dead sea urchins but no live ones... I also bumped into someone that said there use to be a ton of starfish there when he was younger, but there were absolutely none there these days... I say aside from possible pollution, human harvestation/interaction probably played a big part in that problem. Man I wish I lived on the beach... It's like having the worlds largest fish tank in your own backyard, and you are one of the inhabitants... That would be soooo fun... I'm making myself really miss the ocean right now... must think of something else...
Backyard Fellowship
millipede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 05:33 AM   #15
AA Team Emeritus
Do a google search for FL dive sites, most usually have a copy of the FL law on the removal and collection of life forms from FL waters.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:50 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just returned from Tahiti and the Moorish Idols and Clownfish happily coexist in the same waters and water temperatures....only saw a couple of types of clown, however.

Brad is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com