getting your cuc into the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin1989

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a question, and maybe this is just going right over my head or something I do not know. How do people get their snails and hermits into their tanks? I didn't know if people just picked them up by their shells or what. Along with emerald crabs and peppermint/banded shrimps.

Hermits, I just picked up by the shells. Its what the lfs guy did. Call me sadistic, but I thought it was great fun watching them right themselves after I dropped them in the tank. I felt better after I saw a few fall off my rock and have to right themselves without my interference.

Shrimp I net into the tank, but everything else - snails and crabs, just get dropped in - except the trochus or astrea snails that cannot right themselves, they get placed.

Thanks for the help. They just came in the mail. I have the bags int he tank warming up to the temp. is it ok to put all the water into a bucket (the water they are in) and then to acclimate them? right now they are all in seperate bags. keeping each type seperate.

so far so good. Coral banded shrimp and my emerald cra didnt get along right =away. I will keep watching. Also one out of the two emerald crab are dead. Dead on arrival. both pepperment shrimp appear to have molted.

I have hermits and snails in my tank, I placed them into the tank by hand

I placed everything in by hand except the emerald crap and shrimps.

Back
Top Bottom