Ghost Shrimp Nutritional?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MACATUA

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My Hawkfish absoloutly loves to eat ghost shrimp. Do they have any nutritional value for him. He is also pretty good with Mysis (frozen). What would be the best to feed him? And by the way,

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

The ghost shrimp is freshwater and only has the nutritional value for freshwater carnivores. The mysis shrimp actually has way more usefull nutrition

OK, so would the Ghost be harmful as an occasional snack? I just like to watch him chase it. But he does like Mysis, so I can feed that regularly. Any other suggestions?

Until finally weaning my leaf fish over to frozen, it thrived off ghost shrimp. While freshwater, they do at least provide some bit of protein and I was able to "gut load" them a bit with sw food preparations. I don't think it would hurt as a snack but probably isn't good enough long term.

Ghost shrimp can live in salt water and have all the nutrition of saltwater shrimp except for a few things which i forget. Look in this months aquariumfish magazine and it has an article about live foods and thats where i got the info.

Back
Top Bottom