Giving Up On Fish For Now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gena1985

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I Lost My Fish to ICH.... So For now I was thinking stick to corals and inverts....

But what should I get, I have 5 Peppermint Shrimp 8 turbo snails (to be honest they don't clean to well) 1 BTA that I paid for and 1 ST anemone that grew on the live rock about a week age and a blue mushroom and a few other corals....

I Seem to Be able to keep corals and inverts alive LOL so what else can I get to make the tank looked lived in....

Can I mix up shrimp in one tank cause would love to get a cleaner shrimp but don't they do better in a pair.....

Since the fish are no longer in the tank the shrimp seem to be coming out of hiding so I figured let them have the run of the tank for awhile

Part of the issue is you rushed everything and you stocked what you wanted and not what your equipment and your tank would support. If you tame the same pathn with corals, you will still have the same results. Need to take Some time and read and educate, and only buy what your tank will support.

Not trying to be harsh but 10 weeks after you started your tank, all yr fish are dead, and your throwing in the towel rather than to educate and do it the right way. Good luck

I myself am not going to beat u down like some people.... To answer your actual question you can indeed mix shrimp. Fire shrimp, cleaner shrimp, peppermints, sexy shrimp will all be fine together. Stay clear of coral banded and camel shrimp.... Coral banded are mean and camels will pick at your corals. Do read up and learn though... What about a pistol shrimp and goby pair if you decide on fish again. Good luck.

Lesson learned, but was pretty hard on the live stock to learn it.

Previous posts are right, relax and move slower and with a bit more study before laying down the cash at the LFS. Yours is a common problem in a society that wants instant gratification. Reefs are a long haul effort. The shrimp tank with coral is a great idea for now.

Holygral may have sounded harsh, but unfortunately true. If your fish died of ich, then you likely didn't quarantine (or do it properly). Since the ich parasite can persist for around a month without a host fish to feed off of, you need to wait at least that long before introducing any fish back into the system anyway, so concentrate on what you do have & take things slower. And if you don't have a QT tank, seriously consider setting one up.... it could've saved you from what just happened.

Back
Top Bottom