Glass Vs Acrylic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah my tank is 3/4" acrylic and the 210 I have is 1/2" so that does make sense I never really even put two and two together lol

I think the DSM is going to be ruled it. Mr X is right, its too thin. I have now found a guy that can build be my 72x28x20 rimless with 3/4" starfire glass, black and dual overflows for $1500 plus $75 for the crate, plus shipping obviously and $600 for a 48x20x20 plus a 12x20 ATO.

I have a 90 gallon acrylic tank and love it. Stronger and no seams!! Although you do have to be careful with scratching it and what you use to clean it with. I use acrylic wipes on the outside and magic eraser on the inside. My vote goes to acrylic

I had a friend give me some plastic razor blades used in the automotive industry. They are incredible at removing hard algae from acrylic.

Each to their own, I have both types. But for larger tanks, like over 3-400 gallons, I like bonded seams like acrylic gives you.

Back
Top Bottom