Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-28-2004, 12:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Glove alert

I've been recommending the Coralife Aquagloves, the arm length purple and orange ones. Last night I was working in the tank and kept getting a glove full of water. I think it sprang a leak in the seam and is probably worthless now. Just a warning to anyone who was thinking about buying these. I've only had them for a few months.

46g SW, 65 lbs Fiji LR, 4" Aragamax DSB, Coralife 2X96w CF, CPR Bakpak II, CPR Aquafuge 12 w/ 2x9 Coralife Mini Aqualight, 4 Maxijet 600's, PCI 200W Titanium Heater, 2 Blue Green Chromis, 1 Gold Bar Maroon Clown, 1 Purple-Stripe Dottyback, Finger Leather, Trumpets, Rose Coral Open-Brain, Pagoda Cup, Xenia, Star Polyps, Yellow Polyps, Various Mushrooms, Toadstool Leather, 12 Astraea, 10 Nassarius, 4 Bumble Bee, 6 Cerith Snails, 12 Red Tip Hermits.
phases99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 12:08 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
Did you snag them on something while in the tank? or do you think it is a quality issue?

ReefRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 12:50 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
I've heard they do not last forever....the seem at the wrist does give away after time but from what I've heard in general they usually last longer than a couple months.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:56 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I don't think I was too rough on them at all. No recollection of getting it caught on something. The fingers are kind of thick so it is hard to get a good feel when working in the tank. I guess I expected better quality for the money. They had the right idea but having the seam in the wrist area makes them too delicate. Unless I got a bad pair.
46g SW, 65 lbs Fiji LR, 4" Aragamax DSB, Coralife 2X96w CF, CPR Bakpak II, CPR Aquafuge 12 w/ 2x9 Coralife Mini Aqualight, 4 Maxijet 600's, PCI 200W Titanium Heater, 2 Blue Green Chromis, 1 Gold Bar Maroon Clown, 1 Purple-Stripe Dottyback, Finger Leather, Trumpets, Rose Coral Open-Brain, Pagoda Cup, Xenia, Star Polyps, Yellow Polyps, Various Mushrooms, Toadstool Leather, 12 Astraea, 10 Nassarius, 4 Bumble Bee, 6 Cerith Snails, 12 Red Tip Hermits.
phases99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alert

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com