Gloves...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkW19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've got some specially treated "Aquagloves" that are specifically for Aquarium use.

I posted this a bit ago, and I'm just wanting confirmation really...

I stupidly used one of the gloves to bury my clownfish in the garden a few weeks ago, and it ended up with some soil on it, which I immediately rinsed off.

Basically, I'm wanting to know if the glove will be ok to use in my tank, if I give it another good rinse, or if it's not worth the risk and I should just get another glove?

I wash my hands compulsively before I get in my tank.I would hate to think I was the reason for anything bad to happen

I also wash my hands before reaching into the tank. Just be sure to rinse VERY well to remove traces of surfactants, biocide agents and perfumes. SOmetimes I wash with only water to avoid the chance of soap contamination.

Just a quick reminder, since most of you probably do this. If you want your gloves to last, rinse them off. Salt accumlating on the outside will dry out the material. Also if you live in a arid enviroment store them close to the tank where it'll be a little more humid.

Over time the seams in my gloves leak, I'm guess they are drying out somehow.

Back
Top Bottom