Glue for LR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deitta

Aquarium Advice Activist
I think I saw in the Doctor Fosters & Smith catalog, an epoxy to glue LR into place that can be used underwater. Is that the best way to make sure the rocks don't fall on any diggers? Does anyone have experience with this or a like product?

I used a 2 part puddy epoxy...
LFS carried it. Same stuff from Dr. Fosters...
Comes in a tube, you knead it and make a ball push it into the 2 parts of rock you want together and they ain't comin apart !

The epoxy works but so does drilling the rock and using a dowel or plastic wire ties to hold it together

I also used something called Aquastick by Two Little Fishes which is a putty epoxy. Cut a piece, roll it around and stick it on the rock.

Sounds like a lot of work to me..... why drill, glue the LR. I belong to a reef club and no one has glued there LR. I have 2 tanks and have not glued either tank.
When you add the base layer wiggle it so it touches the bottom and then build up from there moving and wiggling the lr as you go up. I have a SFE in my 55 and he has dug all over the tank with no issues with 55lbs of LR.
If your going reef you will want to move LR when corals get attached to trade, sell and make room when they get big. IMO you will be happy if you just take your time and not glue them.

will be happy if you just take your time and not glue them.

I'd agree. I've either wanted to or had to move rock too much to feel good about glue. I use glue for very small things that I might want in a hole somewhere, but still on a moveable rock.

Just giving options. I just stacked my rock slowly and like you did, wiggle it in place and make sure it's stable. I used the putty to place a small ricordia rock where I wanted it.

Back
Top Bottom