Glue for rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hydrohoki

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey,

This is a little bit random, but I was doing a search online and didn't come up with much.

What type of glues do you use to attach rock to rock? Are they clear? Do they cure underwater or with significant moisture?

Thanks! (I hope this is ok in this forum)

Its basicly a two part epoxy. IT does not really glue the rock together but more or less helps hold the rocks together. The bond is easily broken if need be to move the rocks.

I personaly dont se anything to secure the rocks together other than trying to place the rocks so they interlock with eachother.

Yeah, I've never glued anything. But I only have small tanks now, so there is no need to.

Actually, I work with a bunch of chemists (I'm a geochemist). We need some fun little projects every now and then in addition to the usual daily load. I didn't know what was out there in terms of aquariums and if there was a demand for anything better. Let me know if you have an opinion.

Thanks!

I saw epoxy at the lfs, but didn't trust that is wouldn't harm my tank. I used fishing line to tie smaller rocks together. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom