Gobies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armyman16

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would a yellow watchman goby get along with a diamond watchman goby? I already have a yellow but I want to get another goby or even Benny that sifts through sand...if the diamond watchman goby won't work...what will sift through the sand?

They should get along if u want something that sifts the sand sifting starfish work great.

To me it depends on the size of the tank. If this was a 6 ft tank I believe you would be OK. A smaller tank I would be concerned as there will probably be some aggression issues.

I agree with the above statement. I have found the best way is even if its another to get one that's shaped entirely different I have a purple spotted goby and bull nose/ brown barred goby and they don't mind each other but I wouldn't have got a diamond since their shapes are identical.

I have a yellow watchman and a golden head sleeper both the same size in a 60 gallon tank. They get along great. Sleeper is very active and constantly sifting sand. Watchman hides most of the day except when feeding but no aggression between them.

Back
Top Bottom