Goby & pistol shrimp??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudzie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Researching pairing up a yasha goby and pistol shrimp duo for my 29 bio cube .... Any info appreciated..... Do either of these constantly dump sand all over coral??? Pros/cons.. Thanks..

Hello no expert here but I got a tiger goby and a pistol shrimp and they can move some serious sand. They moved so much that my rock scape is all messed up on one side of my tank this probably wouldn't bother me if I would get to see them once in awhile but the only time I see them is when I feed them and then it's only for a split second they come out like lighting grab the food and dart right back under the rock. Maybe I just expected for them to be a little more social. Now I basically have a fish and a shrimp that I never see and cause me work on my tank lol

Yea thanks a bunch... This is the kind of info that I need..... Had a blue spot jawfish in my 75 gal that never settled and tore the crap out of my tank... Thanks much.....

Just not looking for something you rarely see.. All of the fish in my 75 & 29 are out and about all the time... Only thing I don't get to see very often is a large brittle star in the 75.....with the limited amount of species we are able to keep , healthy, just want to make wise decisions....

I've got a hi-fin goby and red banded pistol shrimp. They're best buddies, and great to watch together.

The goby is out more than the shrimp, but you definitely know that the shrimp is there as he creates sub-surface shrimpy superhighways.

Yeah, all the engineers I've seen are about a foot long, and like deep sand for digging.

Back
Top Bottom