Goby in Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoshuA c

Aquarium Advice Freak
My goby jumped into my filter that is attached on the back of my tank and won't jump back in.

Here is a layout of my filter:

Attachments

• image-1983047933.jpg
    image-1983047933.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 171
Here is where my goby is located:

Attachments

• image-3647060012.jpg
    image-3647060012.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 176
And so now I have moved the carbon and bioballs to the other section and removed one pump in the hope that he will jump out by himself:

Attachments

• image-2893384707.jpg
    image-2893384707.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 169
I have given him 3 days and he still hasn't. I hear him slashing, but he won't jump back in. Does anyone have any advice.

Can't you shut it all down and scoop him up? Like what if you needed to change the media in the section he's in, can't you get at that area?

You are going to have to bite the bullet and go get him. He`s not coming out himself.

Wow, you left him in 3 days, and that wow is a compliment not an insult. I don't usually have the patience to wait. If I seea fish not moving or it looks like a crab is stuck, instead of waiting an hour, I go in there and fiddle around. I hope you can get your goby out safely, anyway to prevent him from doing it again? I once had a clownfish jump to the pump section of my biocube, thankfully that only happened once

If u look at the diagram, there is a section that goes under all the rest, he's in there and it doesn't attach to any other part of the system

Wow, you left him in 3 days, and that wow is a compliment not an insult. I don't usually have the patience to wait. If I seea fish not moving or it looks like a crab is stuck, instead of waiting an hour, I go in there and fiddle around. I hope you can get your goby out safely, anyway to prevent him from doing it again? I once had a clownfish jump to the pump section of my biocube, thankfully that only happened once

I too do that, lol. A crab may just be sitting in a crevice and my instant reaction is "he is stuck, I must save him!". Patience usually works, but I'm pretty certain you'll have to fish that guy out with your hand or a little net.

Lol... My Halloween hermit was under a rock in our DT and hadn't moved all day. We moved her and I swear she's giving me attitude for taking her out of her space. Can a hermit give dirty looks? Buy I would get your fish. It's been three days ... I would be starting to worry.

But an air pump in there and scare the bajesus out of him. He'll jump. Oh use a small hook and some bait. Better yet yell HERE FISHY FISHY FISHY

We have a special dance we do that coaxes all the critters in our tanks into doing exactly what we tell them. Now that I mention it... Where did I put my
Tambourine? Lol

Is it possible to flush the system with extra water? maybe the current will cause him to float upwards and out? can you reach a finger or anything else in there where he is?

Back
Top Bottom