Goby keeps getting evicted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Candymom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29g biocube. I have had my yellow watchman goby for just over a week. Three times now, he and his pistol shrimp buddy have set up a nice home at the base of a rock only to have the brittle star take it over and kick them out. I've had the brittle star for over a month and every few days he picks out a new rock to hang out under. He has three regular spots and those are the same spots that the goby/shrimp have used.
I can only assume this will continue to happen. Will this cause stress for the goby/shrimp in the long run, or will they be ok if they have to keep staking out a new home every few days? I'm hoping the goby/shrimp will discover some great little spots that the brittle star has never used, but they are a little more out in the open and I don't know if they will like that area or not.
Anyway, am I worried about them for nothing? Will they work it out?

Most likely case is they are getting stressed, or they will. Their territory is like their home, and it would be like getting kicked out of yours. IMO, your best bet is rearranging your rock. Everybody gets a new territory then :)

Back
Top Bottom