Goby question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeremyz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My LFS is holding a Yellow Head Sleeper and a Tiger Watchman Goby for me. I already have a Split Fin Goby in my tank. Will there be any issues between these 3 fish?

What size is your tank? Ime Gobys will fight same species.. and anything that resembles them in terms of body shape.. I think you would be okay given u have a larger tank..

See if the yellow head sleeper eats prepared food BEFORE you bring it home. They often don't and die in the home aquarium when their sifting doesn't get them the nutrition they need.

austinsdad said:
See if the yellow head sleeper eats prepared food BEFORE you bring it home. They often don't and die in the home aquarium when their sifting doesn't get them the nutrition they need.

+1 Very good point.. I try to stress to everyone to make the lfs feed them (ALL FISH).. if I don't see them eat I wil not purchace them.. ever seen your fish not eat?

hmm i just bought a blue dot sleeper, i didn't realise what type it was because they called it a ladder glider goby at my LFS, anyway i only have a 26g so i'm probably goign to have to get rid of it when it gets larger or have to upgrade, which i'll eventually do.

either way hes been in my aquarium for 3 days and he's very messy. my live sand is sugar fine and well lets just say that the watter is a touch cloudy since he's been in

We have a 55g tank, more than likely we will only be getting one of the fish. Thanks for the advice, will have to make sure they feed them some prepared food.

Back
Top Bottom