goby sandstorm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mine.Mine.

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone,

Question of the day, I bought a goby last week and he spent a good bit of the first few days burrowing, causing a good sandstorm in the tank. I knew this was going to happen and hoped once he was settled it would be better.

My question: how long will this last or is it a risk you take when getting a goby? He has a few burrows set up, and is eating well, so I believe he is getting cozy in the tank (he doesn't hide whenever I put food into the tank anymore!)

I planned on getting a pair of clownfish next week but I hate to put them into a tank with a sand cloud issue.

What do y'all think or reccomend?

Lol my goby is constantly doing that he piles it up on my low lying corals drives me nuts but keeps the sand clean

Glad I'm not the only one! Is there anything we can do about the sand kicking up the dust constantly?

This is why I took my bullet goby back. A messy messy fish.

The sandstorm will get better.Right now your Goby is stirring up the real fine particles that should get caught in your filter.The longer you have him the less you will notice it.
You will not have to do that siphon mess anymore and your sand will stay looking nice.

Back
Top Bottom